co-housing...the place we live in......

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Lissa said:
I'm actually quite envious. I'd love to get into something like that. You are very lucky.
thanks, Lissa!
well, there are a couple of houses for sale right now (older generation is moving out and we sure could use some more young fun families with kids here), so you are welcome to check it out ;) . The last sale was 2400 s. feet home for $445,000 (I'm not 100% sure about the price but it's pretty close).

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
thanks, Lissa!
well, there are a couple of houses for sale right now (older generation is moving out and we sure could use some more young fun families with kids here), so you are welcome to check it out ;) . The last sale was 2400 s. feet home for $445,000 (I'm not 100% sure about the price but it's pretty close).[/quote]

That's way out of my price range. :(

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Lissa said:
That's way out of my price range. :(
yesterday I've learned (after I posted) that a smaller house 1500 s.feet (including a basement; without a basement it is 1000 s.feet) was just sold for $325,000.

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
hwnorth said:
Yulia .. the co-meals thing ... is that everyday... or selected days ..?
The "rules" seem like a Co-Op or Strata .... but better .. seems really cool
Common dinners used to be every Wednesdays and Sunday. But now it's mostly just Sunday and only about 10% of people signed up for that.
There are pot lucks though too, but they are organized by individuals, so there is no really schedule about it.

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
<r><QUOTE author="Trina;57532"><s>
Trina said:
</s>I wouldn't advertise about the doors being unlocked, especially after posting the web site. <E>;)</E><e>
</e></QUOTE>
<br/>
&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;can make life pretty miserable and pathetic...&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/SIZE]</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;/r&gt;

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I misssed a whole day and see what happens! I get on here to post and I start choking on pixie dust and KNEW something had happend. ;)

ivybendorf

PF Enthusiast
Mar 2, 2008
Oklahoma
Oh, this sounds wonderful, I wonder if there is one nearby... I love that the place has goats! Are they milked, or meat goats? Or just pets?

budnkota

PF Fanatic
Mar 28, 2008
Indiana
I could never live in a HOA community. I am the type who will paint my mailbox orange and purple simply because you told me it had to be blue. I don't like the idea of people having control over what I do with my own property.

THAT said... for people who aren't as naturally defiant as myself, I can see some advantages to something like this.
I like the idea of all the community lunches and things like that.

I don't think it's fair to base your reax (good or bad) to a place off of one person who lives there. I live in a 70 unit blg, and it runs the gamut. Students, gay professionals, a small number of families, elderly women (no old men, oddly enough), musicians. I think some of us live here because they are so unique (it was a hotel in the late 1800's, converted maybe 10 years ago. 8 foot windows, 10 ft ceilings, and every single apartment is different from every other one. It has a lot of character). Some because it's a close drive to Purdue w/o having to live in West Lafayette. Some because it's downtown and close to work...
There would be no way to make an accurate assumption about other residents based off of me. Choosing to live in the same environment does not necessarily mean that you are on the same page as everybody else.

Not saying it's a cult, but I do have to make one response to yulia about something she said. A group doesn't have to be in poverty to be a cult. Some call Scientology a cult - and it has a whole lot of affluent members.

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
FooserX said:
meow_173 said:
how old are your kids??

Old enough that they are probably breaking some incest laws.
FooserX your statement is completely out of line for this Parenting forum.

This is not the first time you have suggested that other parents in this forum are having sex with their children and frame it as a joke. You make these type of comments for shock value and personal entertainment. Apologizing later is not acceptable for doing something you know is insulting when you do it, especially when you have done it in the past.

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
Post like this one require an official response so there is no misunderstanding about the moderators tolerance for this stuff.

Meow, if you would like to discuss this privately, I am willing to do that. For now, we need to end any further public debate or discussion on this issue. Thx :)

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
jtee said:
Meow, if you would like to discuss this privately, I am willing to do that. For now, we need to end any further public debate or discussion on this issue. Thx :)

Why are you always trying to get girls to pm you in private? :rolleyes:

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Nope! I'm jsut saying it happened a while ago. And yea some of us were shocked to read it, and then he appologized. So i dunno if the parties involved acepted the appology..but whatev!!!