College Season! Help?...

etceterae

PF Enthusiast
Mar 29, 2008
I'm wanting to major in (ordered by desire, most to least)

Cognitive Sciences/Psychology
Developmental Psychology
Social Psychology
Experimental Psychology

And no matter what, NOT clinical psychology.

Out of the nine colleges I will be applying to, there are four I am dying to get into (ordered by want):

University of Rochester
WashU in St. Louis
Columbia
Cornell

My backup college is UT Austin. I'm already guaranteed admission, since I live in Dallas and in my class top 3%.

My question is, do you guys know of some colleges with a really good psychology program for undergraduates? I've been having a heck of a time figuring out, since rankings are almost always based on graduate schools. Any help is profoundly appreciated.

GatorKid117

Apr 30, 2008
From my knowledge, I'm fairly certian that for undergraduates there is only one major in psychology, and that is psychology for all 4 year colleges. Developmental psychology, social psychology and so on, they are just classes. I took developmental psychology last semester and I'm going to take experimental next year. I have no idea about the colleges. I would just say whatever college is ranked the best probably has the best program for undergrads. Undergrad doesn't really mean anything anyway. Hope this helped in anyway.

etceterae

PF Enthusiast
Mar 29, 2008
Thanks, GatorKid117!

But undergrad's important, because although Harvard is very good, it concentrates solely on their graduate students and it's widely known that their undergrad students are somewhat neglected, which make other universities for the first four years better than Harvard.