confused???...

ljmahr

PF Fiend
Oct 16, 2007
Kaytee said:
the only thing we have tried to eliminate dairy, we did ir for two weeks (not even bread) and it did nothing for her. So she gets milk sometimes now. We haven't eliminated anything else, because if we do and they do test her, it will come back negative even if it's positive.

When my daughter's have diarhea for several days (we have had it for weeks before) our pediatrician will recommend the BRAT diet. That is banana's, rice, applesauce and toast. Right now we are doing it for at least a week. I have to admit it is hard to get a 2 year to eat just that. It does sound like Nichole has a bigger problem though but it couldn't hurt.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
ljmahr said:
When my daughter's have diarhea for several days (we have had it for weeks before) our pediatrician will recommend the BRAT diet. That is banana's, rice, applesauce and toast. Right now we are doing it for at least a week. I have to admit it is hard to get a 2 year to eat just that. It does sound like Nichole has a bigger problem though but it couldn't hurt.
that's a reallly good diet, Kaytee actually recommended it to me for Logan. he loved it but I couldn't imagine have to get a 2 yr old to eat it...lol That must have been tough

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
we did that too, back when she was 14 or 15 months old for a week, did nothing. But yes for normal issues of viral typically, it does work well.