Connecticut...

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
I dont know if we have members in the effected area.

Our hearts: our prayers: Go out to you all. A cannot imagine a single word I can write that would help lighten the load you have been given. If you need an ear to listen: A place to reach for. We will listen: We will be here.

We wish we could take your pain away.

This day has changed us all.

All of our love: hope: and prayers go out to you tonight.

sincerely
Bryan

Father_0f_7

PF Addict
Aug 19, 2008
F.I., Florida
I wanted to start a thread about this so badly. But I knew nothing I said could possibly be enough.

All I can say is that, like bssage, I am here to listen, to talk, and to care.

NancyM

PF Addict
Jul 2, 2010
New York
I'm just heart sick over this horrible tragedy like everyone is.
I can't even begin to imagine what these families are going through.
My prayers go out to all who's lives were lost, and their families who's lives have been forever changed.

RIP to all the victims. :cry:

VeggieMomma

PF Enthusiast
Dec 2, 2012
Homosassa, FL
It really is terrible :'( I have family in CT.. Thankfully none of them were affected. I feel for the families who lost loved ones :( I don't understand how people can be so terrible...

nwcrazy

PF Enthusiast
Aug 28, 2011
I read that the children who died were 6 and 7 year old first graders. When I hug my daughter, who is also in first grade, it chokes me up to think that children as little as her (with tiny bodies), had their bodies riddled with bullets.

I'm saddened and angered at the same time.

I don't think there is a parent alive who isn't going to be somewhat nervous on Monday when their kid(s) are going off to school. I know I'll be....

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
This is so heartbreaking... I can't even imagine what the families of those 20 children are going through. Honestly, I don't want to imagine it. And the survivors... Those little kids who will hear those gunshots in their dreams, some perhaps for the rest of their lives... OMG. That's too horrible.

I just hope we find out what really happened. There has to be some explanation. I can't bear the thought of something like this just happening randomly - of someone doing something like this out of pure evil. Why his mother, the principle and the school councilor? Were the last two just in the wrong place at the wrong time, or did he seek them out? I really hope we will find out...

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
12-14-12

Parenting forums falls silent.

Condolences are made.

silence.

Our forum is at it's heart is a place to share advice: seek guidance: and support for all things parenting. Its where we vent about smells and other disgusting parenting stuff. Where we complain about the daily toil and the occupation of parenting. Where we brag about what our kids have done. And fret about what they may not. A place to laugh about mistakes we have made. And struggle to become better parents

We Know.

We know there is a group of people who's only wish this year. On this holiday season. That they could have the same burden as us. People who would pay any price to have what we have: and they have lost. Lost in a way that leaves even the most confident among us powerless. This much WE KNOW.

I personally struggle with a way to move at all. Half wrapped in a selfish grey that does not know how to proceed with the season. And half wanting to reach out to do something: anything that could in some way help. And I am at a complete loss. a crossroad of guilt and empathy .

Its most likely we will be overwhelmed with reports and news designed to enrage or spark debate. People will try and establish themselves on the back of this horrific act. We are: and will continue to get conflicting accounts. Effort's will be made for blame to establish footholds. It is up to us to identify this misdirection. It is difficult for me. Not to focus on how it has effected me. Its especially difficult when the reports and media continue on and on about how it is about me. When the truth is it not about me at all. Its about a grade school. Teachers and Children.

I want to believe that the best way to honor the victims is through our own children. To reevaluate what we all: to some extent take for granite every single day . The only thing I can come up with is for us to mark this day. With how we greet each "next day" . That we wake with the understanding that life is fragile. That we now know. What we thought we would have forever can be taken without cause or reason: in an instant.

Its just another in a long list of sad products the event has delivered to everyone this holiday season. I am open to suggestions.

There is no wind in my sail this year. Its just the only thing I can come up with for how to move. My plan is this: throw kisses around like parade candy: Hug a little longer: Listen a lot more: and do my best to allow fun to happen. And lastly to exploit every opportunity to do these things.