cool little widget....

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
I stumbled across this neato little widget. Check it out I'm thinking of asking if we could include it in the forum. I will mark a place on the globe or flat map that shows where visitors are from. IMHO its really neat.

Revolver Maps - Free 3D Visitor Maps

give it a few seconds and you will see your marker

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
yes it's pretty cool and I assume if it were installed it'd show the users of this forum and where they are, But, for example, it appears to be showing me as being in Lawrence KS, because that's where a corporate internet node is....

It's cool looking, but I wonder, since we pretty much know where the regualrs are from would it tell us much?

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
I wonder how that would work in a public forum that draws so many people. With the amount of "members" that we get, I'm seeing the map being completely filled up and unrecognizable. That is, unless it only goes upon who is currently logged on.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
a widget is a desktop application, you can get them to do all sorts of things, they just sort of sit on your desktop...some give you stock tickers, or time and temp, traffic info, games etc, basically anything you want to run on your desktop every time you start up, ofr in this case, I guess it would reside in the forum website, and be there whenever you logged in here...or something like that.

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
Shhhhh she from canada. This is our chance to take her widget (AKA snipe) hunting.

Here's what you do XoX. Get a big gunny sack go deep into the woods on a very dark night. And call out "Heeere widget, Heeerrrreee widget widget" Until one comes along (you will know it when you see them) Then you bag it.

Nothing quite like a big mess of widgets for breakfast on a Sunday morning.

xox.ilu.xox

PF Addict
Dec 17, 2009
Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada
bssage said:
Shhhhh she from canada. This is our chance to take her widget (AKA snipe) hunting.

Here's what you do XoX. Get a big gunny sack go deep into the woods on a very dark night. And call out "Heeere widget, Heeerrrreee widget widget" Until one comes along (you will know it when you see them) Then you bag it.

Nothing quite like a big mess of widgets for breakfast on a Sunday morning.
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH!!!!!!!! omfg. Bryan. I just about peed myself! thats freakin awesome! :idea: Ohhhh now i get it !! :p keep pokin fun. I'll think of a good yank joke soon enough :p

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
It is kinda neat. I can just sit here and watch my little flag go around for hours.

XoX I probably wouldn't do that to you, or Xero.