costapated...

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
DD hasnt gone 8 days. Dr prescribed adult supustory. Wearing earplugs taking shifts with DW toilet duty. Lots of screamin lots of poopin just a baaaaad deal.:arghh:

I know i spelled everything wrong least of my problems right now.

NinJaBob

PF Addict
Sep 29, 2008
Ohio
bssage said:
DD hasnt gone 8 days. Dr prescribed adult supustory. Wearing earplugs taking shifts with DW toilet duty. Lots of screamin lots of poopin just a baaaaad deal.:arghh:

I know i spelled everything wrong least of my problems right now.
That happened to both of my kids when the were younger. It was hell. The suppositories worked for them although not right at first. But luckily they grew out of it. I don't have an answer but I just wanted to say that I feel your pain.

-Phil

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
10 years ago if someone would have told me I would have been this happy about seeing poop in toilet I would have told them they were crazy. I am happier about poop than I am the new tires i just put on my car.

Whewwww

ps apparently my spelling is even worse with earplugs in

Nikita

PF Fanatic
Jun 10, 2008
London, ON
Both my kids have constipation issues. I'm not a big fan of suppositories for them either. If I notice a lack of poop, I start giving them some water mixed with corn syrup and it clears up the issue by the next day.

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
Really never heard of that might give it a try. DD has been haveing problems all year.

Her teacher said "I dont understand why she wont go" And I said. "Hell I dont want to go, Its messy, time consuming, and not nearly as fun as playing games or watching TV.".

But seriously I know this can esculate to a major problem and wish I could get through to her about this. Even if she could tell us when she is having a problem would be better than all the detective work we have to do.

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
Delaney just went through a bad constipation issue...ultimately, it took a suppository and an enema to correct the issue. The doctor said to lay off the dairy products and have more high fiber foods. Also, you may try small doces of benefiber to help.

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
Yeah she likes prunes and we give her a lot of the type of things that are good for poopin. I think IMO she just doesnt want to take the time to poop. I think she keeps putting it off until it is a problem.

I now most of you who responded understand my problem with DD. You just cant communicate with her the way you typically would a kid her age.

Nikita, whats the ratio for your corn syrup thingy??

Jessie

PF Enthusiast
Sep 12, 2008
My daughter had that issue as well. It was a nightmare!

Hope your kiddo grows out of it too.

Nikita

PF Fanatic
Jun 10, 2008
London, ON
bssage said:
Yeah she likes prunes and we give her a lot of the type of things that are good for poopin. I think IMO she just doesnt want to take the time to poop. I think she keeps putting it off until it is a problem.

I now most of you who responded understand my problem with DD. You just cant communicate with her the way you typically would a kid her age.

Nikita, whats the ratio for your corn syrup thingy??

I put about a tablespoon in a sippy cup for my oldest and shake it up.