Could use a little advice...

johnJohn

Nov 17, 2012
Hello I am 28 years old my wife is 30 years old. I am new to this but I really need some advice. My wife and I been together for almost 10 years, been married for about 8 years. We have a beautiful relationship and family. We are a interracial couple, me being spanish and her being black. She has two beautiful little girls from a previous relationship and we have two hansom boys together. The two oldest girls are 12 and 11. I've been in their lives since they were 3 and 2. The father has had no contact with them since they separated. The boys are 7 and 16 months. I've done everything for my kids. I met my wife in the Marine Corps and I left the service to be around my family more. It seems as if the girls don't have the same love for me as I do them. For example, I have to beg them for hugs, kisses, and even beg to watch a movie together. They ask their mother for things in private. My 7 year old hugs and kisses me all the time. But what gets me really upset is when my wife's family comes over to visit the girls hug them and talk to them, I just can't understand it. What do I do? I feel as though I've tried everything my wife is a stay home mom and I work 10 hours days. I try to get my kids everything. For their birthdays I got them all Ipod touches and I didn't even get a thank you. Only from my 7 year old who said thank you and I love you dad. Their grandmother brought them cupcakes from the supermarket and they hugged and kisses her and said thank you....? I know that material things aren't everything. I tell them they are beautiful all the time I talk to them about life lessons but still I am pushed away. What do I do?? The other day I got so upset because I was playin the interupting cow game at the dinner table and the girls got so upset one cried and the other told my wife to come get her husband. I got so upset I just wanted to pack my things up and leave and I told my wife I was leaving. Which was just out of anger but I don't want to leave my family, but I can't stay in a home where I am not loved by my children. What do I do?