Custom Art?...

ivybendorf

PF Enthusiast
Mar 2, 2008
Oklahoma
I just went to a tattoo artist with a image, and I wanted a few changes. After a week, I took a look at what he had and it was NOTHING like I suggested. Two third of the image is already drawn out for him, and it still took him a week to put wings on the woman! And those turned out looking awful, not like wings at all. ARGH!

For those of you how have custom tattoos, how many times did you get it drawn out before you were satisfied?

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
I have to agree with MM...if it took him that long to add wings and you hated them it's got to be a total sign that this guy isn't right for your work

ivybendorf

PF Enthusiast
Mar 2, 2008
Oklahoma
I would, but get this: He is the ONLY ARTIST within an hour's drive! I live in really small town Oklahoma! I would have to drive an hour away to find another one, and I don't want to have to do that, wait for the art, go back in, and then do the drive every week to get the work done. grrrr.... Frustrating. But maybe I can figure it out. This tattoo is gonna be pricey, what with gas prices, LOL!

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
musicmom said:
It's permanant, it's worth the drive.
that's how I feel as well. Your other option is to find a friend or someone who as art skills and have them work on the art for you then just take it in and tell him "I want this"

ivybendorf

PF Enthusiast
Mar 2, 2008
Oklahoma
Yeah, we are doing that. If I can't get what I want, I am not getting it! I sketched something up myself (not my strong point), I am gonna ask him to just clean it up.

jrrsmom

PF Fiend
Nov 10, 2007
If he can't even sketch what makes you think he will do a good job at putting a permanent tattoo on your body? Seriously, go to someone else. I'm going today to get my kid "printed." I want her hand and foot tattooed on me so I can always remember exactly how small they were.