Daddys vs Mommys (Who is the bigger slob?)...

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
My DW and I are both slobs. There should be a blood test or something done before you get married. (Tester shaking his head) "No I'm sorry I cant allow this to happen."

My slobness is what I think a very small footprint. My office, Chair, and Car. (<I>15 min max clean up</I>)

DW's however is much broader. She is a stacker and a collecter. Stacks of mags, mail, and things printed off the internet also list's she makes lists for everything.. ( <I>Couple hours clean up</I>)

The kids fall into a catagory I like to call collector/relocators. They keep everything from boxes, peices of packing, drawings, toys to remote controls and fingernail clippers. (<I>rest of my life clean up</I>)

Thier mission is to take things from clean organized places and relocate them thruout the house. They are dedicated to thier mission and never take time off 24/7/365, sickness and in health, rain sleet or snow.

Its almost like they are pooping stuff as they walk. "What is this thing? Where did it come from? how did it get here? What the hell is it? and where should I put it??

It seems I spend all of my free time cleaning. I'm like a dog that cant get along with his tail. "that dam thing is catching me again" Anyway I think I am the lesser of five evils (the dogs are slobs also). This thread is just venting.

Last night DD walks into the living room swinging around my Chinese YoYo......... I havent seen that thing in years. I dont even know where she got it. It wasnt laying around. It must have been in a box somewere. What do I do with it now? I think my head is going to explode.:skeptical:

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
we're a family of slobs...lol I fall right in place with your wife. I love to stack things and collect mail, mags, school papers, whatever. It's all stacked neatly on the counter. My husband leaves closet doors and drawers open, clothes all over the place, shoes are never where they belong. I have to go on a scavenger hunt ot find all of his clothes at laundry time...lol My kids are just out of control messy!!!

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
fallon said:
I have to go on a scavenger hunt
LOL

Me "where is it?"

DW "I dont know"

DS "(sitting on couch) I cant find it"

Me "You just took them off!"

DS "( Still sitting on couch)WERE GONNA BE LATE"

DW "get off your butt and look"

Me " I found one in the bathroom"

DW "Here's the other one in the kitchen"

This took place 5 min after DS was told NOT to take his shoes off because we had to go to karata.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
bssage said:
LOL

Me "where is it?"

DW "I dont know"

DS "(sitting on couch) I cant find it"

Me "You just took them off!"

DS "( Still sitting on couch)WERE GONNA BE LATE"

DW "get off your butt and look"

Me " I found one in the bathroom"

DW "Here's the other one in the kitchen"

This took place 5 min after DS was told NOT to take his shoes off because we had to go to karata.
this conversation can be heard at any given time in my house. My daughter actually left her shoes at friend's house once...how in hell do you come home without your shoes!?!

16th ave.

PF Addict
Jan 4, 2009
East Texas
lol, that's about the same here. it also includes where's the hairbrush, the bookbags, the cell phone, and everything else we all need for the day...

dh and i used to be neat freaks before the kids came along. now we're slobs with the kids happily encouraging us. we do get our moments of frantic cleaning and swear things will never get that messy again. but it never stays clean or straightened up for more than a couple hours, if that long.

hubby collects socks by his recliner..

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
fallon said:
this conversation can be heard at any given time in my house. My daughter actually left her shoes at friend's house once...how in hell do you come home without your shoes!?!
Did she walk home barefoot and not realize it? :confused:

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
How about a blanky or binky. Wholly crap we are calling people at midnight. Disassembling the cars. Its almost like an amber alert for us.

And dont even get me started on the dog. This dog can have several thing in his mouth at one time.

I pull out a my hat and still hear something rattling around.
Pull out a Mc D's toy, still making noises.
Pull out a ball.

Its like a friggen warehouse in the dogs mouth.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
LOL sounds like my house. We're all slobs, and I hate it but we can't seem to help ourselves. Everything is always in existence but lost. The house always gets totally destroyed and then we spend a whole day cleaning and swear we wont let it get like that again and then it does. We all kinda leave clothes laying around, but BF's socks are the worst. Everywhere I look there's one of his socks!! I could lift up the couch cushions at any given moment and there would be socks there for sure. Eli of course opens cupboards and empties them of pots and pans and such. He takes out all his toys and rearranges them where he sees fit all throughout the house. BF and I both hate to do dishes and laundry so they tend to build up a little before getting done, and garbage has to be taken all the way down the street when its full so that occasionally piles up.

And not to mention there is ALWAYS food on our floors, and in our carpets thanks to the goober walking around with snacks and throwing food off his high chair. He likes to poor snacks into his toys and leave them there.

I don't collect anything, I make it a point to throw stuff away if it's throw away-able. If I'm not sure if I'll use it again I'll toss it. I would never keep a magazine. BF keeps his Gamer magazines though. I just threw away a bunch of Eli's toys. I do leave cups by my bed though. :D

16th ave.

PF Addict
Jan 4, 2009
East Texas
lol, yep. emmy has two pooh blankets and cocobutt has a stuffy puffy (stuffed animal) and a blanket. neither one of them will sleep without their cuddlies..lol

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
I am LMAO!!

I am a neat freak by heart....but when it is 1 against 8 I always loose and settle for "picked up". The bathroom is the wrost I dread it worse then a trip to the doctor...one bathroom...9 people, and not a person can pick up thier towels or throw thier dirty underwear in the hamper a foot away. I have fantasy's bout when they move out and my house becomes mine!

As to loosing something and calling around..I have never had this issue...BUT my mom did with my sister. My sister had this ordinary pillow with a very special pillowcase, it was quite ugly, red, white and blue stripes. She went no where without it, but it was the last of it's kind, no one made it any more, my mom even called the company, but no luck. One night it was lost, my sister had taken it outside, at midnight my mom was knocking on everyones doors asking if anybody had seen it, the answer was always no. around 2 a.m she found it, and my sister who had been screaming the whole time calmed down and went right to sleep.

Fast forward about 2 weeks, while out my mom saw a garage sale, figured what the heck and stopped in, my sister and I were not happy, anyways guess what she found.....5 of the pillow cases, the special pillow cases. You'd have thought she won the lottery :). So whenever one went missing she pulled a new pillow and case out of the closet. no more missing pillow.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
LOL that is SO FUNNY!!! My little sister had a special pillow with a lion king pillow case she couldn't sleep without lol she was such a dork.

I had a blanky and I still remember how much I loved it. It was so cute and comfy I loooooved it. One day when I was like 5 or 6 I put in the microwave to make it warm and burned the crap out of it LOL and I cried and cried and cried and cried until my mom came in my room and found me mourning over it and she took it and cut out the burn spots and sewed them up. It lasted a couple more years I guess lol. Then I switched over to a purple teddy bear she bought me and I still have that. It's in Eli's room now. :)

Nikita

PF Fanatic
Jun 10, 2008
London, ON
I used to be a tidy person. Not quite a neat freak, but everything had it's place and it always went back where it belonged. I don't collect anything and I was had a clean as you go mindset. If I made a mess it was cleaned up right after.

But then I met my husband, who collects everything and never cleans up and always tosses things around. I used to try to clean up after him, but then we had Alex and then later Ryan. I don't have a chance of staying ahead of the mess anymore, so I've given up.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Xero said:
LOL that is SO FUNNY!!! My little sister had a special pillow with a lion king pillow case she couldn't sleep without lol she was such a dork.

I had a blanky and I still remember how much I loved it. It was so cute and comfy I loooooved it. One day when I was like 5 or 6 I put in the microwave to make it warm and burned the crap out of it LOL and I cried and cried and cried and cried until my mom came in my room and found me mourning over it and she took it and cut out the burn spots and sewed them up. It lasted a couple more years I guess lol. Then I switched over to a purple teddy bear she bought me and I still have that. It's in Eli's room now. :)

I have a pillow that I have had since I was 17, it started out looking like a person...some cartoon. I have since transfered it's stuffing to new cases every few years. It has been with me threw the birth of all my kids. I can NOT sleep with out it....my family finds it annoying :rolleyes: .

Lynette

PF Enthusiast
Feb 6, 2009
Switzerland
ROTFL

Both my kids are slobs and their mission is exactly the same as your kid's:D The way you described it made me laugh a lot:D

Ma DH has a tendency towards a neat nerd, while I am a little more tolerant. Until a certain point. My kids make me reach that point at least twice a week:(

Father_0f_7

PF Addict
Aug 19, 2008
F.I., Florida
opens cupboards and empties them of pots and pans
Billy (8 years old) still does this so he can play the drums on them. Which wouldnt make me too mad if he didnt already have a drumset in his room. My kids are weird.

JessicaMadison

PF Enthusiast
Dec 27, 2008
Hmm, we're both kind of clean freaks. I don't know....I guess him.. But in a way me too because I make a mess when I make dinner, lay in bed, help with homework etc. I guess I really don't know. We both are and we both aren't.

esmerelda

PF Regular
Feb 27, 2009
Maryland
I am more of a slob than Greg. I am known to leave food from dinner out and it spoiling over night. Greg complains about leving makeup and other cosmetics out all over the bathroom sink. The back of my car looks like fast food wrapper heaven. While the back of Greg's car looks spotless.