Daily Chores for Kiddos...?...

.:Kalli Rae:.

PF Fiend
Apr 18, 2008
Rapid City SD
What ages did you start your kids on chores and what chores do they do?

Aaron is 8 and takes the garbage out every day, helps clean up the yard, keeps his room clean, feeds and waters the dog 1x a day and helps put away laundry.

Lily is 7 and loads and unloads the dishwasher, helps with the yard, helps with keeping her room clean (her and Kyla share a room), and helps with laundry.

Kyla is 3 (4 in May) and she helps put laundry away and helps pick up the living room.

When I am cleaning the kitchen they will clean the living room, and take all of the dirty clothes out of the bathroom into the laundry room.

Claire64

PF Fanatic
Mar 10, 2008
My kids don't have too many chores and I started giving them chores when they started school.

Ryan (16) - mows the front lawn and backyard, takes out the garbage, fixes things around the house, keeps his room clean and keeps the basement clean.

Sean (12) - walks and feeds the dogs, keeps his room clean, sorts and folds laundry.

Landon (9) - sorts and folds laundry, unloads dishwasher, keeps the playroom clean, keeps his bedroom clean.

Kathleen (6) - helps with cooking, helps with laundry, sets the table.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
All three of mine take turns doing whatever it is that needs done. I take out the garbage just because I don't want them touching the dirty garbage can.
They will help me put clothes in the washer, then the dryer and help fold and they must put away their own clothes.
They clean their own rooms, straighten up all rooms in the house, they will help sweep, mop. I vacum because it's too heavy.
They love to dust and wipe down things.
I do all the chores that I want done perfectly clean ;)
They love doing chores so far. Give it a few years, they will hate it all.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Claire64 said:
My kids don't have too many chores and I started giving them chores when they started school.

Ryan (16) - mows the front lawn and backyard, takes out the garbage, fixes things around the house, keeps his room clean and keeps the basement clean.

Sean (12) - walks and feeds the dogs, keeps his room clean, sorts and folds laundry.

Landon (9) - sorts and folds laundry, unloads dishwasher, keeps the playroom clean, keeps his bedroom clean.

Kathleen (6) - helps with cooking, helps with laundry, sets the table.
Can I borrow your 16 yr old? I hate mowing our grass.:v_SPIN:

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
well mine is only 2, but she has to clean the living room before bed. Just her toys of course. But as long as I sing "clean up clean up, everybody clean up" she goes on her way and puts everything where it belongs

Claire64

PF Fanatic
Mar 10, 2008
musicmom said:
Can I borrow your 16 yr old? I hate mowing our grass.:v_SPIN:
Yes, please take him!

Actually, he really doesn't mind mowing the grass. He just listens to his iPod. He's been doing it for a long time now, and we don't even have to ask him! Now, if he'd only keep his room clean.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I said "borrow"! I'm not going to want the three I have by the time they are that age... hahaha

Teresa

PF Fiend
Feb 2, 2007
Ohio
My three were always helping out around the house. They didn't necessarily have assigned chores, they are just expected to pitch in with whatever task needs doing. To us, that's how a family operates, with everyone pitching in to make things run smoothly, doing whatever needs done at any particular moment. At this point, DD15, the only child still at home, cleans her room, cleans up after herself in other parts of the house, cleans the bathroom, does her own laundry, and helps with cooking meals.

ljmahr

PF Fiend
Oct 16, 2007
Kaytee said:
well mine is only 2, but she has to clean the living room before bed. Just her toys of course. But as long as I sing "clean up clean up, everybody clean up" she goes on her way and puts everything where it belongs
Hey I sing that song too! lol
It is just amazing how well it works on 2 yr. olds.22222