dammit!...

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
My grandpa is in the hospital again with congenital heart failure. This time they say there's nothing more they can do. :( I'm going to visit him in the hospital tomorrow. He's going to die soon. This totally sucks. I'm going to miss him. :sad:

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I am so sorry. I just lost a dear friend who was only fifty from this. We are here if you need us. Lots of prayers and love coming your way. You and your dear grandfather are in my prayers ^i^

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
I'm going to sing for my grandpa's funeral. Can anyone help me think of something to sing. I kind of wanted something kind of happy because he'll be reuniting with his wife. At her funeral I sang "Angel Standing By" by Jewel. My grandpa likes Johnny Cash. If I can't come up with something, I think I'll just do Amazing Grace.

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
Lissa said:
I'm going to sing for my grandpa's funeral. Can anyone help me think of something to sing. I kind of wanted something kind of happy because he'll be reuniting with his wife. At her funeral I sang "Angel Standing By" by Jewel. My grandpa likes Johnny Cash. If I can't come up with something, I think I'll just do Amazing Grace.

Sir Mix-A-Lot!

I like big butts and I can not lie!

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
FooserX said:
Sir Mix-A-Lot!

I like big butts and I can not lie!
How about I sing that for <I>your</I> funeral, after I very slowly and carelessly dismember you.

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
{{{HUGS}}}

I love "Amazing Grace". (Wish I could sing and do it justice. LOL!)

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
seriously Fooser, there is a time and place for jokes but not here.

I will try to come up with some songs as well

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
Kaytee said:
I will try to come up with some songs as well
Thanks! Remember that I'll be doing this acapella. I won't have enough time to gather a guitarist to practice.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
FooserX said:
Whatever, KT. Be all somber if you want.

http://www.thebestsongs.net/parents_funeral.html
I'm sorry but I have lost way to many family members die and it's just not fun to say the least. i have lost 3 grandparents, a great grandma, my mom, and my brother all within a few years of each other. Minus my mom (not birth mother) that was when I was 13. It's just not something to make jokes about in my opinion, but to each is own

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
Kaytee said:
I'm sorry but I have lost way to many family members die and it's just not fun to say the least. i have lost 3 grandparents, a great grandma, my mom, and my brother all within a few years of each other. Minus my mom (not birth mother) that was when I was 13. It's just not something to make jokes about in my opinion, but to each is own

Does that list make you an authority on how to handle emotions when people are dying?

I was just trying to make her smile, or at the very least distracted. Not all people dealing with death want to focus on being sad.