Damn Dreams...

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
So this is the second time in the last few months that I have dreampt that my son drowned. The first time he was in the tub amd the water was super blue like toilet bowl water, then last night I dreampt that I drowned all three of my kids(i dont have three) with my hubby right there. In the dream I was saving them from some unproventable horrible thing. It's really freaking me out. I looked it up and dreams of drowning have to do with feeling overwhelmed. I definetly feel that. Anyone else have totally creepy dreams about their kidos?

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
I haven't had any dreams involving bad things and Delaney, so I can't empathize. But, I sure hope that those dreams stop happening to you...it must be terrifying.

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
{{{HUGS}}}

Yes, I had an awful dream about DS when he was a toddler. He's now almost 12 yrs. old and it still gives me the willies thinking about it. At the time it scared the crap out of me and haunted me for months. I dreamed I was angry at him for being fussy so I cooked him on our grill. Of course he tried to get out but I kept slamming the cover down so he couldn't. OMG, I love my little boy so much! How could I have such a horrendous dream?! I told DH and he laughed it off and casually said, "You must be stressed. People have freaky dreams when they're stressed or overwhelmed." OK, so he was correct, but it still didn't make the images of the awful dream any less scarey. Funny thing is, I've never had a similiar dream about DD, and she's my most challenging child. LOL!

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
Earlier this week, I dreamt my son had a beat up and messed up face...and there was no way to help him.

I'm guessing that can be interpreted to feeling helpless since I'm not his parent anymore.

Sirk

Your Forum Mom
Apr 1, 2008
Before having kids I would have the recurring dream that I was falling off a cliff. I was drawn to it no matter what and would fall off.

Then I had Lita and I started having the recurring dream that she went running for the cliff and I couldn't stop her and I went right after her.

Now I have the dream that they're both running around and go off the cliff.

THINK I FEEL A BIT OUT OF CONTROL?? :laugh:

I know it's a deam by now but it doesn't make it less scary when I'm in it. I still try to save them.

We went up Scottsbluff a few weeks ago and I was a nut about keeping them away from the edge. Kinda defeated the purpose of being up there.

Good Wolf

PF Addict
Mar 11, 2008
TX
With everything going on in my life right now I actually have to watch TV until I fall asleep because I can't lay down in the dark and quiet bedroom without my mind racing. I also have terrible nightmares without having the background noise of the TV steering my dreams.

So short of the long is I can relate and it sucks.

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
I hate that we are in the same kinda boat GoodWolf.

I do sometimes have dreams that seem like future events instead of a dream. When they're good I try and focus on and be hopeful for that future outcome.

My faith is certainly being teasted to the extream.

We need a magic wand.

Good Wolf

PF Addict
Mar 11, 2008
TX
The two worst kind of dreams to have are those that seem so real your shook up for the entire day from them and the ones that you dream that you wake up so when you really do wake up your not quite sure if you are in fact awake.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
I can relate...and so can my daughter actually she was having dreams for a while that something bad happened to her brother and she couldn't help him. It was all really scary for her

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
Good Wolf said:
With everything going on in my life right now I actually have to watch TV until I fall asleep because I can't lay down in the dark and quiet bedroom without my mind racing. .

lol...I know this feeling!!

Sometimes I just have to force myself to watch TV until like...1am or whenever my body just gives out and I have to sleep...otherwise I just toss and turn in bed all night.

There have been nights where I go to bed at 10, wake up at 6am...and probably only got 2 hours of sleep. I just keep looking at the time on the ceiling....11....12...12:30...1...1:15....2...etc etc...

Good Wolf

PF Addict
Mar 11, 2008
TX
Yep. I hate sleeping on the couch but the Mrs. can't sleep with the TV on so I end up falling alseep anywhere between 1-3am and waking up nearly every night right at 4am and sleep walk to bed.

Last night I didn't wake up till 6:30am so I ended up falling into bed with only an hour of real sleep...man I hope this over soon.

bonjourcamille

Jul 26, 2008
france
c'est pas terrible!

I feel for you, as I have experienced the same once. It was months ago when I had not been caring for Alain for long, and I had a dream where I pushed him into the swimming pool and he drowned! I love Alain and would never do such a thing to the poor boy!

My aunt told me then as you found in your searches, that it meant I felt overwhelmed. It can be demanding to take care of another. I hope you feel better and do not have anymore bad dreams!

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
I've had a lot of scary dreams about Eli... I had even more of them BEFORE he was born, though. Isn't that weird? I dreamt I set him down somewhere and some strange man stole him and ran away and there was a cop standing there and I screamed to him that the man stole my baby, so he ran after him, and when he came back without Eli, he told me the man said it was HIS baby so he let him go. It was awful! I've had a million dreams that Eli hurt himself really bad or died somehow due to my negligence. Those dreams are the worst!

You know what sucks, speaking of this. Lately, I can NOT fall asleep at night! I'll be soooo tired when I go to bed, but I'll lay there for hours after Steve falls asleep. I'll think and think and think about things, I'll even get myself mad over something I'm thinking about, but that's all you can do in a dark quiet room is think! I'll roll over hundreds of times. I've actually always had problems falling asleep. However, when I was pregnant, I fell asleep amazingly at night. That fascinated me. I wish I still did. It drives me just absolutely insane.

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
Xero said:
I'll think and think and think about things, I'll even get myself mad over something I'm thinking about....
I do this all the time, then I end up feeling like an ars for getting all mad over things I cant do anything about. Especially at 2am.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
I know lol after I make myself mad about something I was only thinking about, I stop and think "Why am I getting mad in bed!?!?" D:<

It's like I go off into a whole other world and then I stop and realize I'm just laying here in silence, SUPPOSED to be trying to fall asleep. But instead I'm making myself mad by thinking! Argh! It's so stupid.