Daughter wants to look more feminine...

Claire64

PF Fanatic
Mar 10, 2008
Haha, that's funny too. I have a feeling my boys will take care of that for us when my daughter is older.

Firefly4698

PF Enthusiast
Jun 25, 2008
My parents had that up on the kitchen fridge for years! Makes me giggle. However they said sarush passed the requirements to date thier daughter, they are letting me marry him. So, there are good guys out there somewhere for all the daughters! :cute:

budnkota

PF Fanatic
Mar 28, 2008
Indiana
I think your little girl is confusing feminine with sleazy. I don't think of those things are even remotely feminine.
I'd be saying NO WAY to the thong. how can she even want to walk down the boardwalk dressed like that with her father present?

Reasonable heels I am OK w/. My son's half-sisters had wedge heel sandals at 4 & 6 and they seemed OK. I think heels are OK w/blue jeans too, as long as tehy aren't stillettos or something. A little kitten heel can look cute.

The jewelry doesn't phase me either, as long as it's not excessive.

I'd show her that most movie stars are a bit classier. That trashiness is left to a few, who are the frequent target of jokes. no teen girl wants to be seen as a joke, but dressing like that, you can rest assured the boys will be talking - and not in a way that you want them too.

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
I think too many girls these days have feminine confused with trashy, revealing, provocative, sleazy, and, I'm sorry to say, whorish.

There is nothing wrong with a 14 year old wearing a nice once piece, or even a 2 piece, provided all of her "girly" parts are covered. But in my opinion, to allow her to wear something like a thong or anything that shows parts of her body that nobody other than her husband has any business seeing teaches her nothing other than how to disrespect her body and how to allow men to view her as a sex object.

(D)w C0O\_

Banned
Jul 1, 2008
you need to sit her down and tell her that boyfriends are not everything. Coming from personal experience, my first date was not until i was near 30, and it was facilitated via match.com. and my match stood me up anyways so a good stern talking to would help her realize that love partners are not important, and are a waste of money and tears.

CapriSun

Jul 1, 2008
my daughter is not at that age yet, but when she gets there i will allow her to wear those kind of clothes and undergarments only when her body is fully developed. no acceptions!

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
HappyMomma said:
I agree. The lesson to be learned here is that it is more alluring to leave more to the imagination. ;)

Most definately. I feel the "sexiest" in a nice pair of jeans and a shirt, not a pair of daisy duke shorts and a shirt that's up to my breasts with the tops of them hanging out.

etceterae

PF Enthusiast
Mar 29, 2008
Thong bottoms are just asking for it. My mother always said that "whatever is alluring are the things that can't be seen." The leg issue is okay, but don't do the thong thing. D8

As for the boardwalk, I don't see why not (but force her to wear shoes other than high-heels). Bring a wrap or a towel just in case.

budnkota

PF Fanatic
Mar 28, 2008
Indiana
CapriSun said:
my daughter is not at that age yet, but when she gets there i will allow her to wear those kind of clothes and undergarments only when her body is fully developed. no acceptions!
this was a joke, right????