daughters 4 and 8 constantly argue/fight...

jmmoore079

Jan 28, 2008
:swoon:my two daughters seem to find the smallest things to argue about, we have tried corners, to stop them hitting each other, tried to explain how those who have passed on would love to be here and they can't and should appreciate they are still here. we have tried to seperate them. please help...

jmmoore079

Jan 28, 2008
sorry long morning my oldest daughter is 8 and middle is 6, and i also have a 2 1/2 yr old son. there teachers think there wonderful and have no faults but when they get home its like a zoo. but i love them very much no matter how chaotic it is

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
jmmoore079 said:
sorry long morning my oldest daughter is 8 and middle is 6, and i also have a 2 1/2 yr old son. there teachers think there wonderful and have no faults but when they get home its like a zoo. but i love them very much no matter how chaotic it is
I bet...:) I think having them write an essay on how they feel about each other is a good idea...make them do it every time they fight. I bet they will hate that, soon enough they may learn to keep their hands to themselves

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
My kids are 9 & 11. They used to fight like cats and dogs, but after I read a sibling book, I learned I was stepping in too much. I also learned parents sometimes say things, not aware that those statements pit siblings against each other. Once I backed off and let my kids work things out on their own more often, they have been getting along much better. Of course, there are still times when it's necessary to step in, but as long as things aren't physical, I try to stay out of it.

<U>Siblings Without Rivalry</U>
by Adele Faber &amp; Elaine Mazlish