???? dealing with spammers...

16th ave.

PF Addict
Jan 4, 2009
East Texas
:unsure:
if i'm overstepping the line, sorry. had a brain fart and thought to put it out there for discussion.
there's any number of regulars here and tons of spammers daily i reckon. we're all busy at one time or another and not so busy at times. any number of us like this forum, care about it and would/do help as much as possible.
there's only two mods. here and they have lives too. they do a great job of keeping things cleaned up for all of us.
there was a suggestion the other day for making it easier for the new members to get it right off about posting only in the threads only 30 days young.---which made me think, something i don't like doing much of. lol jk
i don't know how it would work or anything, but how does giving some of the regulars a certain amount of "power" to delete spammers' posts when dadu and fallon aren't able to.??? is there any way, along with reporting the spammers, to help out our mods???
could it be done? and hand the "power" back to dadu and fallon when they don't need the help? would anyone be willing to help?
it might could sort of like having a couple of back up mods when the real ones can't be here.
Are you guys needing help???<EMOJI seq="1f615">:confused:</EMOJI>

i just bet that any number of folks would do it in a heartbeat to help if there is anyway to take off some of the work of dealing with the spammers.
anyways, if i've overstepped the line, i'm sorry. but holler if there's anything needed.
thanks.
:cool:

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
You're not overstepping the line. This is getting old and needs to be dealt with. I'm going to speak with Fallon, we'll devise a plan, and speak with Susie and Sanjay about it. I'll keep you guys posted.

In the meantime, the reason that we get so much spam in comparison is that we're the #1 parenting forum on the internet. We're the 1st link on the search results, and are therefore the prime target.

I'll get back with you....

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
Yeah, it's very cool, but being #1 comes with its downfalls too. We attract a lot of people and a lot of great members, but a lot of spammers too.

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
Alright, I ran this past Fallon and she's with you, and I think it's a good idea too. I'm going to email the admins and we'll get this rolling.... I'll post another thread about it as well.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
I do think a little more help is needed around here 16th ave. :)

Thanks for looking into it for us, Dadu.

Yeah lol I totally googled "parenting forums" and it was the first link that popped up. That was how I found this place however long ago. :D

LeenaB

Oct 17, 2009
Any idea how to notify of a user "P---m-----.com" who is spamming all the forums with an ad for the website of the same?

(I edited this post because I do not wish to persist in advertising for that site.)