deleted posts...

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
I have to say I think this is the wrong way to handle things...it makes the forum look horrible :( Is there any other way because I can't deal with 50 PMs a day about deleted posts and complaints. I want everyone to be happy here and right now I'm not very happy...can we maybe brainstorm a new idea???

ETA: I totally understand your idea and realize why you are doing it is valid...it's nothing personal I just think this will detour new memebers way more than Lissa and foosers comments

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
Fallon, I am sorry that you are getting hit. I am truly sorry that they are bombarding you with PMs. It is their way to get you to do what they want, which is to shut me down. Fooser is the only one I am focused on. He does what he wants, when it wants, and I doing what I feel needs to be done to keep him from trashing every thread. You do realize he is baiting people?

I have no problem with his banter in the Chat area, but that is where it needs to remain. We can't have him trashing every thread. I feel very strongly about this. Lissa thread today is a prime example of what I talking about.

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
fallon said:
I have to say I think this is the wrong way to handle things...it makes the forum look horrible :(

Fallon, I respectfully disagree with your perception. It doesn't make the forum looked horrible. I am not making this a public issue. It does upset 2-3 of our regulars, but to the mass public who come here, they don't see me yelling\arguing publicly with anyone.

I strongly feel that trashed discussion threads are bad for the forum. Keep the random chat in the chat area. If a person comes to post a question about PPD (or any other topic), and 3-4 posts into it Fooser trashing it, that what is bad for the forum.

For the most part I ingore the chat area, so if Fooser wants to banter and bait people in the Chat area, it is probably is petty harmless to the forum.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
yes but the memebers can see all these deleted post left behind and I was saying I think THAT looks bad...like I said I agree with WHY you did it but I think there should be a better way to get points across...Like today a new memebers post was deleted simply because she was following lead...We are all guilty of going OT once in awhile and it's never been a problem.

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
Fallon, You, I, and Kaytee can see the deleted posts, but to our regular members the deleted post are invisible. Create new account (ie fallon2), and logon. All you will see is the undeleted posts. :)

If regular members could see what we see as moderators, I would agree with you 100%, it would look very bad.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
well that's a little different but I still have to wonder if we could all come up with something that might be more effective...I don't know what that might be though so believe me I'm not bashing your idea.

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
fallon said:
yes but the members can see all these deleted post left behind and I was saying I think THAT looks bad...like I said I agree with WHY you did it but I think there should be a better way to get points across...Like today a new members post was deleted simply because she was following lead...We are all guilty of going OT once in awhile and it's never been a problem.
Fallon, I agree going off topic is OK in regular discussion is OK and normal. What I am hoping to communicate to you is that Fooser is the problem and others are following his lead. He jumps into a discussion, baits someone (IE lissa) an for the next 25 posts we have people posting basically garbage. Fooser needs to keep his banter to the Chat eara. Trashing discussion threads only invite more of the same.

Vaild point about deleting a new members posts. I should send that new member a PM explaining it wasn't him\her.

sanjay

Dec 23, 2007
If people break the rules, we warn them and then we ban them if they do not comply. We do not delete their posts- that is unfair and violates basic decency.

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
I have <U>undeleted</U> some of fooser posts that I deleted last week as a way to influence his bad behavior. The posts were OK, but his refusual at the time to stop being an ass was not acceptable. :)