Dentist Exposes Up To 7,000 to HIV/Hepatitis - What If Your Kid Had Went To Him?...

emmagrace

Jan 3, 2013
Oklahoma
Okay, a bit of a confusing thread title possibly. Now, as far as to why I am making this thread, I want some opinions and the like from you guys. Let us say you had young child or teen, and you had brought them to this dentist. An old man, in his 60s, so you think he has this whole thing down. Well, I wont say anything in this thread, the title says enough but I will link you to some articles about him. Also, apologies to those who have dentist appointments soon or had one not long ago, same with your kids...

http://www.policymic.com/articles/31541/scott-harrington-tulsa-dentist-might-have-exposed-7-000-patients-to-hiv-hepatitis[/url]

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/29/health/oklahoma-dental-warning[/url]

Yeah, he had fled town and they found his Phoenix vacation home. Anyways, if you don't wish to read any deeper into the articles, I wont say anything that is scary in them but I will says this: I have first hand experience. I went to him once, in 2009 July 16th, 10 days after my 15th birthday for removal of all 4 of my wisdom teeth. I can vouch for the whole illegal administering of anesthitics. He was not giving it to me as he should have, and has wasn't even in the room. They had two nurses, and one was a bit of a jerk. Close to a year earlier I had been diagnosed with anxiety disorder, and had really bad panic attacks and being really nervous about being put under and the like really made it bad. I wasn't like moving around a lot but I was acting nervous and talking a lot, most I can't remember but very nervous. The nurse administering it said "Do I have to go get the doctor? Do you really want to act like that in front of him?" Which really made me pissed but I was too nervous and vulnerable at that point. What I am asking you guys is this, how would you feel if your child had visited him? How would you try to explain this, especially to a young child? It is sick that this happened, and I hope I don't upset anyone here real bad, but I do think it is good to think about this in because it did happen. I am a bad luck magnet, so of course this had to happen to me, but my personal story with this ends on a good note. I went to my own private doctor, instead of going out to the free testing. Blood work came back the next day and it was clean. My doctor said he would be very surprised if anyone actually caught anything, but still that doesn't excuse it in anyway. I've rambled on enough, I want to hear everyone elses thoughts and opinions.

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
If my child has visited in I guess we would be booking in for a blood test. If they were scared or anxious, then we would discuss that.

Sadly there are dodgy medical practitioners in this world, and all we can do is keep a level head and report when we see something wrong.

akmom

PF Fiend
May 22, 2012
United States
Yeah, I don't understand why it's even a question. If you took your child to that dentist, then obviously you go get them blood tests. You probably also get upset at the dentist. There's nothing else you can do.