Did you see any good movies lately?...

NinJaBob

PF Addict
Sep 29, 2008
Ohio
I got <U>Gi Joe: The Rise of Cobra</U> for Christmas but I haven't watched it yet.

We are taking the kids to see <U>The Princess and the Frog</U> today.

The wife got <U>The Proposal</U> for Christmas. We haven't watched it yet either. My FIL swears that I'll love it but I think he's wrong. I'll watch it to make the wife happy.

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
GI Joe was pretty decent, if you can get past some of the corniness.

We just got Netflix a month ago so we've been watching movies like crazy. We really liked Echelon Conspiracy. Also, The Taking of Pelham 123 is very good.

Jeremy+3

PF Addict
Apr 18, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Phil my wife made me go to the cinema with her to see the proposal, work on your I'm really enjoying this face.

Inglorious Basterds is good, I think it is better than the original, has anyone here seen Burn after reading?

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
I know this movie is really old, but I saw Artificial Intelligence for the first time a week or so ago and I cried my face off. It was a really good, different, and yet incredibly sad movie. I cried so much!!

xox.ilu.xox

PF Addict
Dec 17, 2009
Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada
I know Christmas is over, but A Christmas Carole in 3D is absolutely amazing!!!! I really want to see the ugly truth, cuz it looks pretty funny!

Another good one is Open Season 2. My hubby and I watched it before bed the other night, and its absolutely hilarious!!!!

NinJaBob

PF Addict
Sep 29, 2008
Ohio
Jeremy+3 said:
Inglorious Basterds is good, I think it is better than the original,
I really want to see that but I don't think that wife will go for it based on the look on her face every time the preview comes on the TV.

It's weird how that works out. I have to watch the proposal because compromise is important but when I want to watch Inglorious Basterds "compromise only goes so far"
:angry:

~*Kate*~

Dec 30, 2009
Australia
xox.ilu.xox said:
I know Christmas is over, but A Christmas Carole in 3D is absolutely amazing!!!! I really want to see the ugly truth, cuz it looks pretty funny!
Is that the Jim Carrey one? I really wanted to go and see that but didnt get a chance.

Mama4ever

PF Regular
Dec 9, 2009
Recently we watched these older movies... "Shallow Hal" (funny with a good message, for adults)...&amp; one for the whole family is "Ethan Almighty"

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
There is rarely a "bad" movie to me. I can almost always find something good about any movie I watch.

My faves this year..

Star Trek
GI Joe
Angels and Demons (although I haven't seen the whole thing yet)

Oh hell I can never remember names of movies unless I watched them within the last month.

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
No one's seen Avatar?

That movies is AMAZINGLY beautiful and just the best movie experience I can remember having...basically ever. Definitely go see it in 3D IMAX too...it's well worth the money.

Already it's the #3 movie of all time at the box office, and it's only been out of 3 weeks...it's nuts. Buy tickets days ahead of time, and arrive over an hour early for good seats...!

X