Did you see this one?...

jgomez65

PF Enthusiast
Mar 13, 2008
Did you guys see the two years old girl who has been reading since she was 17 months? Her name is Elizabeth and she and her parents were interviewed on the Today Show and the little girl gave a demonstration of her reading skills.
Even more impressive is the fact that she can read in both English and Spanish.

In case you missed, you can see the video here

I am really impress!

I honestly believe it has to do with how much you talk to your kids and read to them when they are babies. I've seen the different on my daughter, who I talked to a lot when she was a baby. Now she is reading at a grade level higher than what she is at in school. She also began talking way before my other two kids.

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
Definitely a very intelligent little girl! I hope they're not disappointed if their 2nd child doesn't have the same capabilities. Yes, part of it has to do with a rich exposure to language and reading from early on but there is more involved. My son was an early talker and reader but DD was more along the average range. We raised them in the same manner as far as talking and reading when they were little.

NinJaBob

PF Addict
Sep 29, 2008
Ohio
I think a lot of it has to do with physiology as well. I mean you definitely have to work with your kids but people are just wired differently.

Jessie

PF Enthusiast
Sep 12, 2008
PhilBilly said:
I think a lot of it has to do with physiology as well. I mean you definitely have to work with your kids but people are just wired differently.
I agree with this.

The sign language might have helped, but to me it seems like it might also be that that's just the way she is.
Did you see the puzzle she was putting together? It was rather large (one of those floor puzzles) and had several pieces. I know that it's not something my kids would have had the patience (or attention span) for at that age.