Do you think I'm a bad teenager?...

Maratila

Oct 9, 2011
In the South East of the USA
It is this essay for a club thing about mental health/behaviors for those who want a future in neurology. It is called, "Do you think I'm a bad teenager?" assignment, where we give our opinions on assigned cases. I was assigned this sentence.

I already did my project, but I figured I'd see what you guys think. I hope is the same as mine, because I can't redo my project lol.

Anyways, is a teenager who doesn't sleep or drink for three days at a time a bad teenager? Or what do you think is happening?

Last edited:

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
Drink... what? Water?

If someone, anyone, regardless of age isnt consuming anything or sleeping for up to 3 days then there is something wrong. Either socially (say, extreme poverty) or medically.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Well, first, I hope you didn't use the word "Anyways" in a class assignment.

Second, I don't think that person would be a "bad teenage." I think that's a "person with a problem of some kind." I Don't necessarily see what beeing teenage has to do with it. And when you say "nothing" do you mean nothing or "nothing substantive." I think there's a difference.

Maratila

Oct 9, 2011
In the South East of the USA
I know, this is so stupid. That is what I tried to tell the school, ha ha.

Your tax dollars at work :p

Anyways, it basically says that a teenager is not drinking or sleeping for three days at a time, is healthy, and lives in a modern town life. Then asking me what I think about this teenager on a medical level.

Jeena Farser

Apr 10, 2012
london
Sounds like a strange read. But I've read about this tendency teenagers have to cut food/water for a while because their minds are so stuck up in depression/fear they can't swallow anything :(