Do you use antibacterial......

Kim

PF Fiend
Apr 3, 2007
St. Louis, MO
Only in the kitchen and bathrooms. I think a little bacteria is OK, we don't need to be screwing with our immune systems - but E.Coli is not OK.

AnKsMommy

PF Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
Japan
Hi other Ali. :)

I'm the same...just the kitchen and bathroom. The places that I think get the most germs. I also carry around antibacterial hand wipes and gel in the diaper bag for the girls.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
I also think it is a good thing to use sometimes. Not always. We need bacteria to survive, however, when it comes to grocery carts at the store with who knows who pooping and not washing their hands, touching the seat that my child is sitting in and then sticking her hands in her mouth!! YUCK.
I also use them on her folding potty seat. After she uses it I wipe it down then put it back in our bag.
We have a bottle outside the bathroom as well, but its rarely used

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I just buy the huge gallon of it and refill all the one's in the house which is by every sink. I thought they were all anti bacterial aren't they?

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
They are talking about the ones taht kill 99% of all bacterial. Some people over use these types of products and actually do more harm then good.

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
I'm a germ nut and clean freak so we use a lot of antibacterial stuff. Bleach is my personal favorite for cleaning.

Ari2

PF Fiend
Jan 7, 2008
I use dilute bleach for the kitchen after I cut up raw meat and for the bathroom. And we have small bottles of Purell hand sanitizer near the changing table so we can disinfect our hands without having to go to the bathroom immediately and wash up. We also use it after we cough or sneeze if we can't get to the sink.

And I love the smell of bleach too. :eek:

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I can't stand the smell of pinesol. I remember when I was in daycare back in the day and they used to clean with that. I've never liked it ever since.
I love the smell of my spray Clorox bleach.

aliinnc

PF Fanatic
Jan 10, 2008
Raleigh NC
I have to admit that I try not to use it. The studies showing links to the drug-resistant germs scare me. I alsp just read a study that says that the increase in food allergies is due to the use of antibacterial products.

I used to use bleach to clean toilets until I learned that it is bad for waste treatment. As I understand it, it kills the bacteria that help 'eat' the waste.

I do use the hand cleaning stuff. When my dad was in hospital, I was using that stuff every hour!

I always felt that exposure to most germs is good - the kids get exposed to them & develop resistance. E coli is obviously an exception. And I do wash cutting boards thoroughly - I just use soap tho'.
Ali

Jim's_Wife

Mar 16, 2008
For the floors I use Clean & Free Floor Cleaner, and for absolutely everything else, including the cars, laundry, and carpet, I use Liquid Shine. They are both organic and completely non-toxic. So, no, I don't use antibacterial cleaners.