Doctors know BEST!...

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
not always. I believe it is very important to find a doctor that is willing to listen to you and that you can trust. We went through 3 peds before I found one that I do trust with my daughter's health. Parents need to do their own research on things and then decide what is best for their child. Again they do need to be able to trust another with their child's health though

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
No I don't think the doctor's always know best, but there are some good doctors out there who are worth listening to. I think most of them however are out to line their pockets by pushing drugs that aren't always the best way to go.

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
No. They don't. Instincts are very important when you have a child. Doctors do not have that.

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
, how it makes SURE that a healthy baby is sucked into it right from birth and is artificially made to depend on it the entire life. VERY VERY good book to read. It also covers a lot of diseases and vaccines.[/FONT][/SIZE]</SIZE>
[/B][/COLOR]http://www.amazon.com/Raise-Healthy-Child-Spite-Doctor/dp/0345342763/</AMAZON>[/COLOR]

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
No they don't. I have actually diagnosed my own daughter! My dr never heard of what she has and said he had to go look it up. I thought "what the hell is he doing with the degree"?

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
whihch is why it is so oo important to research stuff on your own as well as gettng a doctors opinion. GOod for you for knowing music

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Kaytee said:
whihch is why it is so oo important to research stuff on your own as well as gettng a doctors opinion. GOod for you for knowing music
Why thank you, thank *bowing* Dr's should never under estimate a mother.

Kim

PF Fiend
Apr 3, 2007
St. Louis, MO
I love the doc I have now, but her first one definitley did not know best. I think that other posters are right - there is a certain amount of intuition needed, and docs just don't have that.

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
musicmom said:
No they don't. I have actually diagnosed my own daughter! My dr never heard of what she has and said he had to go look it up. I thought "what the hell is he doing with the degree"?
I had a similar experience when Oliver was 7 months old. I knew he was lactose intolerant but the doctor told me that he was too old to get lactose intolerance. Well, after a month of diarreah I demanded a lactose test and sure enough, I was right.

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
When we thought Bradley had Muscular Dystrophy, we took him to one Dr, and she didn't see any problems with his walk.

Then we went to another clinic, and the lead nurse said the same.

Finally, I was like "GET ME A REAL DOCTOR!!!"

lol...and he saw right off the bat that there was a problem.

ljmahr

PF Fiend
Oct 16, 2007
I agree with alot of the other people who posted. I think a doctor who actually listen's to you (as the parent or patient) is the best. I love the doctor we have now, ok well actually it is the nurse practitioner at the office my daughter see's. She has 4 kids of her own and very down to earth. Love her!