Does she not like him ?...

Tiggeroo

PF Regular
Feb 13, 2013
So , i posted a thread prior to this , asking about a normal behavior for 8 years old .

Today he came home and he said that he thinks his teacher hates him . He came home again with a note , his clip has been moved to an orange , 1 because he was talking , according to my son , the boy who sat right next to him showed him something and he said cool . And that's when the teacher told him and the other student to move his clip to yellow . Then later on , they were in line , another student cut in line , and my son pushed him and said he was there first . True that he's not supposed to do this , i am well aware of that . He needs to keep his hands to himself . Clip changed to orange

The other day , he got in trouble because he flicked a coin when they're learning about coins , money , and he went on the floor to pick the coin , instead the teacher moved his clip to yellow for that and said falling off the chair .

Another example , him and another kid was in the bathroom , they're pretending as if they're marching , lifting legs as high as they could . The tip of his shoes hit the urinal , and he had to move his clip to yellow for that also .

He's really trying to work on his talking , the counselor talked with him last week and had him reading about a boy and remote control . The remote control has the stop and think button , talk button etc . So this past 2 weeks he actually didn't get in trouble because of talking at all , but instead it was the urinal incident , and the glue incident , or the light saber . or flicking the coins .

I talked with the teacher last week and i clearly told her that i would like to be in the classroom with him . She said yes that's a good idea , and when i said , how about after lunch , i was there during lunch time , and she said not a good idea because they're having a math test , okay i understand . I said well next week then , just let me know when i can be there .

This isn't the first time i told her that i would like to sit in the classroom to see how my son acts actually . But she never did really tell me when i can be there . Does she not want me to be in the classroom ??

And now my son thinks his teacher just out there to get him , anything that he does is just wrong and a clip changed , and he thinks she hates him . He loves school and he loves all subjects , but after this i am afraid that he's going to start to hate school . Instead of being known as a smart person , everybody probably think of him as a trouble maker . And if this continues to be like this , i don't think this is good for his self esteem either .

And at this point , maybe my son is right , maybe she doesn't like him , maybe she's out to get him . Should i not feel this way ? It's like every single thing he does is wrong .. and it's a clip change !!

What should i do ? I've had plenty of conference with the teacher , i had conference once with the counselor , what should i do ? My husband thinks that i should homeschool him before he hates school . Should i have a conference again with the counselor ? or should i just go straight to the principal ? :(

Thank you

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
If your son is to be believed (and let's assume for now that he is) this teacher is extremely strict, to the point of almost being petty. Really, I understand that you can't allow one or two children to disrupt the class, but does she expect 8-year-olds to sit like little robots?

Tiggeroo said:
And now my son thinks his teacher just out there to get him , anything that he does is just wrong and a clip changed , and he thinks she hates him . He loves school and he loves all subjects , but after this i am afraid that he's going to start to hate school . Instead of being known as a smart person , everybody probably think of him as a trouble maker . And if this continues to be like this , i don't think this is good for his self esteem either .
I can completely understand why he feels this way. He may be right, but it is also possible that the constant visual reminder of these "clips" have earned him a bad reputation and now he is being watched like a hawk, like she is just waiting for him to do something wrong... The worst case scenario that I can see happening is that your son decides that staying out of trouble is an unattainable goal, and then just gives up and starts doing whatever he feels like. (Why try to be good when you'll just get in trouble for something else anyway?)

Would it be at all possible to give him a clean slate? Could he be moved to another class where the teacher hasn't already marked him as a "trouble maker"? Or perhaps you can talk to the teacher/principle about acknowledging his efforts to do better? IMO he needs to be encouraged in his efforts to behave, rather than receiving the exact same punishment he received for the behaviour he is working on, for stupid little things. That would discourage even a much older child.

PS: Just a question - how did the teacher know his shoe hit a urinal? :confused:

akmom

PF Fiend
May 22, 2012
United States
Today he came home and he said that he thinks his teacher hates him .
I doubt his teacher actually "hates" him, or even dislikes him. But I bet she is getting nit-picky. She probably doesn't even notice that she's doing it. I do remember that happening to kids in my classes as a child. If they got in trouble more than the average kid, the teachers just started to see them as troublemakers. They'd get hounded for things that the rest of us could get away with. I remember it bothering me then, and I agree it could discourage him from even trying.

I personally don't see homeschool as a solution. If changing schools is an option, I'd consider that after his behavior has improved a lot. You know, so he can practice his new behaviors in an environment without all that baggage. Where his new teachers can see him for how he behaves now, and not for his history of misbehavior.

There's only a little school year left. It seems like the counselor is making progress with him. If it were me, I'd let him finish out the school year in his current classroom, and then see if things improve next year with a new teacher. If the staff communicates a lot about disciplinary records, then his next teacher might start out with a bias, but maybe not. I personally would give it a try, and if it looks like he's improving but his reputation is taking a toll anyway, only then would I consider a new school.

This isn't the first time i told her that i would like to sit in the classroom to see how my son acts actually . But she never did really tell me when i can be there . Does she not want me to be in the classroom ??
I doubt that. She sounds like a very structured teacher, who doesn't quite know how to fit you in. I would approach it differently. Look at the schedule and find an opportunity to help out. "I see your class is having an art project on Friday; could you use another adult to help out with the glue guns?" Present yourself as an asset instead of a burden. On the plus side, parents who volunteer give their kids an edge, because teachers subconsciously feel obliged to "impress" the involved parent. Just an observation... the kids in my daughter's class who have volunteering parents get more one-on-one time from the teacher. I'm not saying it's intentional, but I am saying it happens.

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
I'm going to be completely honest with you.

Do half of those situations make any sense to you? They don't to me. It's hard when our kids are swearing black and blue that "this is what happened and the teacher was so unfair on me" but there has to be some level of common sense and logic about the situations.

The "marching at the urinal" one sounds like complete BS to me, honestly. How many 8yr olds do you know who go "Okay, we are done peeing, time to pretend to march at the urinal"? Why was there a teacher in the bathrooms? Only time I have known a teacher to be in school bathrooms is:
a) students are causing a ruckus that can be heard outside of the bathrooms
b) students are causing a ruckus and another child complained

"I was marching at the urinals and my foot accidentally hit the urinal and the female teacher just happened to be watching me urinate and disciplined me for it" is very far-fetched.

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
cybele said:
Why was there a teacher in the bathrooms? Only time I have known a teacher to be in school bathrooms is:

"I was marching at the urinals and my foot accidentally hit the urinal and the female teacher just happened to be watching me urinate and disciplined me for it" is very far-fetched.
My point exactly - this is why I asked how did the teacher know?

If a female teacher just "happens" to be in the boys bathroom... well. That would be grounds for removing your child and laying an official complaint against the school. Even male teachers just hanging out in the bathroom watching boys urinate is extremely questionable. So either she was in there for a reason (<SIZE size="75">and I'd still question why she couldn't find a male teacher to handle the situation, btw - can you imagine the ruckus if a male teacher walked into the girls bathroom?</SIZE>) or she punished him on hearsay from other kids (not on), or his story is nowhere near the truth...

If I were you, I'd dig deeper into this situation. ;)

TabascoNatalie

PF Addict
Jun 1, 2009
England and somewhere else
The thing about schools is that usually well-behaved child's minor transgression receives harsher punishment than a constant troublemaker's everyday excess.

I'd think of changing the teacher or the school. All of this to me seems pretty unreasonable.

Another thing for thought... Maybe a teacher actually dislikes... You? Things like this happen. A teacher picks on a certain child, because they dislike his parents. Happened to me at school, because my mother was fussy over giving money for class funds.

About you being in class... If teachers don't do their job properly, they dislike overactive parents, that's a fact. And if you sit in class, probably you won't notice much. Both teacher and your son will know they are being watched so they will act for you.

Last edited:

Tiggeroo

PF Regular
Feb 13, 2013
singledad said:
I can completely understand why he feels this way. He may be right, but it is also possible that the constant visual reminder of these "clips" have earned him a bad reputation and now he is being watched like a hawk, like she is just waiting for him to do something wrong... The worst case scenario that I can see happening is that your son decides that staying out of trouble is an unattainable goal, and then just gives up and starts doing whatever he feels like. (Why try to be good when you'll just get in trouble for something else anyway?)
I agree , and i sense that he's beginning to think like that . For example , few days ago , the students were supposed to do morning work , and because the teacher had a guest ( another parent was there to talk with her ) , she had to have another teacher to watch her classroom . Then my son , said during that time , he grabbed his bottle to drink , according to the teacher , he was playing with it . According to my son he was just drinking his water . Then he defended himself that he was drinking instead of playing and not doing his morning work . He argued because he thinks he was treated unfairly , hence , he had to move his clip because he argued ( for defending himself )

That day went down the drain , it started off really bad , and the whole day turned out to be bad , i think he is the type of person who thinks once a bad day it's always a bad day , there is no way to turn it around . He then got into trouble because of talking ( which he has been good for a week or so not to talk too much in class anymore )

Would it be at all possible to give him a clean slate? Could he be moved to another class where the teacher hasn't already marked him as a "trouble maker"? Or perhaps you can talk to the teacher/principle about acknowledging his efforts to do better? IMO he needs to be encouraged in his efforts to behave, rather than receiving the exact same punishment he received for the behaviour he is working on, for stupid little things. That would discourage even a much older child.
At this point i think it's pretty much impossible to move to another class , since the school year is close to an end . May probably will be the end of school year .

I wish that he doesn't get his clip changed for every little things he does . Then again , it's like us .. if our boss doesn't like us , even if it's small little mistake we did , will be a big deal . It is just like that

PS: Just a question - how did the teacher know his shoe hit a urinal? :confused:
Well , i never did ask how she found out . But my son said the tip of his shoe was wet , and maybe she saw it was wet , then again , it's a blue black shoe , it would have been hard to notice if the tip was wet if it was me . I will ask him about this when he gets home later on . There are so many things that happened that most of the time i end up getting mad before going through into the details how did it happen :(

Tiggeroo

PF Regular
Feb 13, 2013
cybele said:
I'm going to be completely honest with you.

Do half of those situations make any sense to you? They don't to me. It's hard when our kids are swearing black and blue that "this is what happened and the teacher was so unfair on me" but there has to be some level of common sense and logic about the situations.

The "marching at the urinal" one sounds like complete BS to me, honestly. How many 8yr olds do you know who go "Okay, we are done peeing, time to pretend to march at the urinal"? Why was there a teacher in the bathrooms? Only time I have known a teacher to be in school bathrooms is:

I agree , and from what i heard , there was no disturbance in the bathroom that a teacher needed to be there . That's from what i got from the teacher herself . Because a day after that i met her during lunch time , and she said my son was really good throughout the whole day , except an hour before the school ends , he got his shoe stuck in the urinal hence the clip changed ( the note came home everyday telling you what clip he's on and also the reason , she clearly wrote it that day , shoe / foot stuck in urinal for the reason he had yellow that day .) i don't know exactly how she found out . She didn't say anything else , from what i understand from my son , it was the tip of his shoe was wet and maybe that's how she found out ? I will have to ask him about this later on . Like i mentioned in previous post , i get so mad hearing he had to move his clip again .. and again and again , and instead of asking how did it happen this and that .. i get mad first and scold him for the things he did :(

Tiggeroo

PF Regular
Feb 13, 2013
TabascoNatalie said:
The thing about schools is that usually well-behaved child's minor transgression receives harsher punishment than a constant troublemaker's everyday excess.

I'd think of changing the teacher or the school. All of this to me seems pretty unreasonable.

Another thing for thought... Maybe a teacher actually dislikes... You? Things like this happen. A teacher picks on a certain child, because they dislike his parents. Happened to me at school, because my mother was fussy over giving money for class funds.

About you being in class... If teachers don't do their job properly, they dislike overactive parents, that's a fact. And if you sit in class, probably you won't notice much. Both teacher and your son will know they are being watched so they will act for you.
That is a possibility that maybe the teacher does not like me . But she told the counselor that i am one of the most supportive parent in her classroom . I am trying not to be on her all the time , i only communicate with her when it's needed , because of my son's behavior . I don't know any other reason she doesn't like me , unless she doesn't like me because i am an asian ? that is a possibility too . But i really don't think race is the problem here . I really try to be positive and i hope that race isn't the issue . My husband is a caucasian , so our son is a mixed . Even though i try to be positive , i can't say that's the case all the time . Once in a while i wonder maybe people just dislike our son because he's a mixed . I don't want to say too much because i do not want to offend others . But us , sometimes we get t he look when we go out to a store or to a restaurant , because we're mixed family .

Tiggeroo

PF Regular
Feb 13, 2013
akmom said:
I doubt his teacher actually "hates" him, or even dislikes him. But I bet she is getting nit-picky. She probably doesn't even notice that she's doing it. I do remember that happening to kids in my classes as a child. If they got in trouble more than the average kid, the teachers just started to see them as troublemakers. They'd get hounded for things that the rest of us could get away with. I remember it bothering me then, and I agree it could discourage him from even trying.

I personally don't see homeschool as a solution. If changing schools is an option, I'd consider that after his behavior has improved a lot. You know, so he can practice his new behaviors in an environment without all that baggage. Where his new teachers can see him for how he behaves now, and not for his history of misbehavior.

There's only a little school year left. It seems like the counselor is making progress with him. If it were me, I'd let him finish out the school year in his current classroom, and then see if things improve next year with a new teacher. If the staff communicates a lot about disciplinary records, then his next teacher might start out with a bias, but maybe not. I personally would give it a try, and if it looks like he's improving but his reputation is taking a toll anyway, only then would I consider a new school.
Thank you , i actually think about the same thing . I doubt he can change classroom because there are only few more months left of school . And it's not like he's not trying to control his talk ( where he mostly got in trouble for ) , before meeting with the counselor , i told him to pretend that his brain is a computer or DS game , where he can control it . Just like the counselor taught him about the remote control .

I doubt that. She sounds like a very structured teacher, who doesn't quite know how to fit you in. I would approach it differently. Look at the schedule and find an opportunity to help out. "I see your class is having an art project on Friday; could you use another adult to help out with the glue guns?" Present yourself as an asset instead of a burden. On the plus side, parents who volunteer give their kids an edge, because teachers subconsciously feel obliged to "impress" the involved parent. Just an observation... the kids in my daughter's class who have volunteering parents get more one-on-one time from the teacher. I'm not saying it's intentional, but I am saying it happens.
Well i didn't just say can i come in and sit . I offer my help , i told her if she needed any help , i would be willing to help , anything , like re-arranging her shelf etc .. just let me know . I can understand how odd it feels probably for her if during her teaching time there is a parent sitting there , so the next time i will mention this to her again and see if she let me help if the kids have some projects or something .

akmom

PF Fiend
May 22, 2012
United States
Racism is a pretty far-fetched explanation. You've established that there are certain behaviors that are problematic in class, and you understand why. The school counselor has independently acknowledged these problems and helped him work on them. Now the issue is, if I understand you correctly, that his teacher is being too hard on him. Not "meeting him where he's at," so to speak. Suddenly resenting him for his race doesn't really fit into the picture very well.

I'm not saying that racism doesn't occur, but the examples you gave show only that you have preconceptions about racism - not that you're actually experiencing any form of prejudice at all.

But us , sometimes we get t he look when we go out to a store or to a restaurant , because we're mixed family .
Unless you can read minds, you have no idea what people are thinking when they look at you. Perhaps they look at you simply because you walked into a restaurant and it's human nature to see who else is dining with you. Assuming that people in general resent "mixed families" gives you an excuse to chalk up people's reactions to you as being beyond your control. "Maybe they moved my son's clip because he's Asian, and not because he really did anything wrong." "They are giving me a dirty look because we are a mixed family, not because I'm texting in a theatre during the movie." Etc. I'm not saying you or your family do any of these things, but the potential is there to dismiss people as racists instead of acknowledge what's really going on. I'd save that concern for situations where you have a good reason to think it applies, and not because you have unfounded suspicions.

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
I'm with akmom, I think the race issue is entirely unfounded.

The only advice I can give, and this is from the perspective of someone who has had kids who like to be "the funny ones" (and going on Sash's start to school, is likely to have another) is that is there is home punishment, anger, disappointment and so on coming from you at the reaction to these things, rightly so, then the obvious solution is to lie about them. If I am misunderstood by my teacher then my parents are less likely to be angry at me for getting into trouble.

There are little red lights that pop out to me in what you say your son gets in trouble for at school, the urinal story has so many holes in it, I could drive my car through it, the lightsaber story from the previous thread, have to admit, both things that I would have raised an eyebrow at and said "You expect me to believe that is the whole story? Really?"
In the end, if he is covering for himself to avoid punishment at home, which makes the most sense given his history of behaviour and that the school is actively working to try to help him then all you can really do is ask the teacher to give more detailed explanations of what is happening. "Foot stuck in urinal" really isn't helpful if the story you get from him is "I was pretending to march and my foot hit it accidentally" because hit and stuck mean two completely different things and one is clearly not the truth, and for a teacher to be aware of what goes on in the bathrooms in such a specific manner, by all logic, it had to be a bit of an event.

Acknowledge to the teacher that this is extra work for her, that really, she shouldn't have to do, however if it is the only way that you are going to know what is going on, then you need more information.

I'm not entirely sold on the idea that being in the classroom will help you pinpoint the behaviour, because kids act differently when parents are around, even as adults we do it if we know that our parents are going to disapprove of what we do.

On another note, fi the issue is frequency rather than severity, which can be just as bad, a whole lot of little disturbances one after the other, which to me, this is what it sounds like, could you ask the teacher to keep a log of his behaviour? It may help to see every little thing that he does get told off for within a day. My daughter Sunny's teacher did this for her in grade 3 (9 years old) and it really was an eye-opener to exactly how disruptive she was being. Being told "Today Sunny kept yelling out 'oy with the poodles already' so she missed out on free play" sounds really minor, but seeing
11am: Yelled out "oy with the poodles already" during classmate's speech
11:10am: Yelled out "oy with the poodles already" during another calssmate's speech
11:30am: Yelled out "oy with the poodles already" during creative writing time
12:30pm: Was asked to write a spelling word on the board, instead wrote "oy with the poodles already"
Really is a bit more of an eye opener.

Last edited:

Tiggeroo

PF Regular
Feb 13, 2013
akmom said:
Racism is a pretty far-fetched explanation. You've established that there are certain behaviors that are problematic in class, and you understand why. The school counselor has independently acknowledged these problems and helped him work on them. Now the issue is, if I understand you correctly, that his teacher is being too hard on him. Not "meeting him where he's at," so to speak. Suddenly resenting him for his race doesn't really fit into the picture very well.

I'm not saying that racism doesn't occur, but the examples you gave show only that you have preconceptions about racism - not that you're actually experiencing any form of prejudice at all.

Unless you can read minds, you have no idea what people are thinking when they look at you. Perhaps they look at you simply because you walked into a restaurant and it's human nature to see who else is dining with you. Assuming that people in general resent "mixed families" gives you an excuse to chalk up people's reactions to you as being beyond your control. "Maybe they moved my son's clip because he's Asian, and not because he really did anything wrong." "They are giving me a dirty look because we are a mixed family, not because I'm texting in a theatre during the movie." Etc. I'm not saying you or your family do any of these things, but the potential is there to dismiss people as racists instead of acknowledge what's really going on. I'd save that concern for situations where you have a good reason to think it applies, and not because you have unfounded suspicions.
Yes i understand ,that's why i said i don't think that's the issue .

Tiggeroo

PF Regular
Feb 13, 2013
cybele said:
I'm with akmom, I think the race issue is entirely unfounded.

The only advice I can give, and this is from the perspective of someone who has had kids who like to be "the funny ones" (and going on Sash's start to school, is likely to have another) is that is there is home punishment, anger, disappointment and so on coming from you at the reaction to these things, rightly so, then the obvious solution is to lie about them. If I am misunderstood by my teacher then my parents are less likely to be angry at me for getting into trouble.

There are little red lights that pop out to me in what you say your son gets in trouble for at school, the urinal story has so many holes in it, I could drive my car through it, the lightsaber story from the previous thread, have to admit, both things that I would have raised an eyebrow at and said "You expect me to believe that is the whole story? Really?"
In the end, if he is covering for himself to avoid punishment at home, which makes the most sense given his history of behaviour and that the school is actively working to try to help him then all you can really do is ask the teacher to give more detailed explanations of what is happening. "Foot stuck in urinal" really isn't helpful if the story you get from him is "I was pretending to march and my foot hit it accidentally" because hit and stuck mean two completely different things and one is clearly not the truth, and for a teacher to be aware of what goes on in the bathrooms in such a specific manner, by all logic, it had to be a bit of an event.

Acknowledge to the teacher that this is extra work for her, that really, she shouldn't have to do, however if it is the only way that you are going to know what is going on, then you need more information.

I'm not entirely sold on the idea that being in the classroom will help you pinpoint the behaviour, because kids act differently when parents are around, even as adults we do it if we know that our parents are going to disapprove of what we do.

On another note, fi the issue is frequency rather than severity, which can be just as bad, a whole lot of little disturbances one after the other, which to me, this is what it sounds like, could you ask the teacher to keep a log of his behaviour? It may help to see every little thing that he does get told off for within a day. My daughter Sunny's teacher did this for her in grade 3 (9 years old) and it really was an eye-opener to exactly how disruptive she was being. Being told "Today Sunny kept yelling out 'oy with the poodles already' so she missed out on free play" sounds really minor, but seeing
11am: Yelled out "oy with the poodles already" during classmate's speech
11:10am: Yelled out "oy with the poodles already" during another calssmate's speech
11:30am: Yelled out "oy with the poodles already" during creative writing time
12:30pm: Was asked to write a spelling word on the board, instead wrote "oy with the poodles already"
Really is a bit more of an eye opener.

I just found out from him , the urinal story , the bottom of his shoe touched the urinal for little kids ( for pre k and k ) , and then he said " oh my shoe is wet " he was with another boy who did the same thing . And as he said that , a student came in and heard that , and said he will tell on him , which he did . That's how the teacher found out .

The light saber story , i have already confirmed that too , in fact i talked with another student's mom , which told me the same thing , her boy didn't get in trouble but did mention that the teacher was leaving the room and those students were done with their work and they started making light saber from a paper , except her boy chose not to do it because he had a feeling that might get him in trouble , which was true . When the teacher came back , she said all the students with paper light saber , is going to have their clip changed .

Yes he does get consequences at home , but we always tell him to tell us the truth because we will find out either way anyway . And 99% of the time , he is telling us the truth , and when i am not sure about the story i find a way to ask other moms or the teacher , email or phone them . I always do , so he knows that there is no sense lying or covering up a story because either way we will find out .

Today when i picked him up from school , he said he had to move his clip again because his teacher thinks he was talking , according to him , he was showing a book to a friend , and they both had to move their clips . They're done with their work btw , and was just reading when he decided to show his friend a page or two .. But when i asked when did this happen ? he said about 2.15 , and i asked was this the first time she told you ? He said he got told by his teacher earlier for a few times for whistling , so yes i can understand why she had to move his clip , because she told him few times already .

And another event that i thought i would get an email from her , my son said a student who sat right next to him , suddenly smacked him on the face out of the blue . My son said he was minding his own business listening to another student doing a presentation and suddenly the boy next to him smacked him . I was quite surprised that i wasn't even get an email telling me about this .

So , may i ask you something ? what did you do to help your daughter after you found out she was disruptive in the classroom ?

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
Tiggeroo said:
I just found out from him , the urinal story , the bottom of his shoe touched the urinal for little kids ( for pre k and k ) , and then he said " oh my shoe is wet " he was with another boy who did the same thing . And as he said that , a student came in and heard that , and said he will tell on him , which he did . That's how the teacher found out .
Really, if I were you I'd go talk to the teacher and find out the full story from her. If what your son said is true, I think the teacher is being unreasonable. But then, I really don't see a wet shoe as being a big deal, as long as nothing and no-one was hurt. Now, if he damaged the urinal somehow, that would be a different story. But just getting his shoe wet? Are the kids at his school not allowed to play? :confused: Or, probably more likely, he still isn't telling you the full story...

TabascoNatalie

PF Addict
Jun 1, 2009
You did not say where do you live. There could be some cultural/regional peculiarities.
The race issue... Could be true, could be not. It is extremely hard to prove, because nobody would ever admit things like that. Is he the only mixed kid in whole class?

As for somebody hitting your son. That's bullying, it is a hot button that teachers really like to avoid.

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
One single act does not warrant the definition of bullying.

Tiggeroo, in response to your question about how we dealt with Sunny's behaviour. She was in trouble for two reasons
1. Her behaviour in class
2. Lying to us, which I take very seriously, I do not tolerate lying

We worked with the school regarding her behaviour, she missed out on many lunches and recesses doing extra work for the teachers, she was permanently separated in the classroom, her own desk away from all the fun and the following year it was ensured she was not placed with one single friend in her classroom, such are privileges one must earn with positive behaviour.

At home she was on a short leash until she could prove that she could be trusted again, no one trusts a liar. I certainly don't.

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
The race issue, she could also not like him because he wears shoes and she likes barefoot children, or because he holds his pen a certain way, or because he likes a certain filling in his sandwich.

Point is, there is nothing to suggest any of these, race included, however, there is plenty to suggest that his behaviour could fuel a dislike, or, she could not dislike him at all and it is his way of justifying his own behaviour not being tolerated at school.

TabascoNatalie

PF Addict
Jun 1, 2009
If a teacher notices a wet shoe, she should be noticing someone being hit?

As for teacher having a prejudice... About two weeks ago there was an article in local newspaper, that teachers determine students' success by their... First names. Elisabeth or George is good, but beware of Kyles and Waynes. It is impossible to prove such things, but always expect the unexpected.

Tiggeroo

PF Regular
Feb 13, 2013
singledad said:
Really, if I were you I'd go talk to the teacher and find out the full story from her. If what your son said is true, I think the teacher is being unreasonable. But then, I really don't see a wet shoe as being a big deal, as long as nothing and no-one was hurt. Now, if he damaged the urinal somehow, that would be a different story. But just getting his shoe wet? Are the kids at his school not allowed to play? :confused: Or, probably more likely, he still isn't telling you the full story...

Well , i found out that she could be well very strict , during the beginning of the school year , my son forgot to bring home his water bottle , and he went to emptied it out in the drinking water instead of the sink , the water spilled because obviously the drinking water is not as wide and deep as the sink . And for this reason he had to have his clip moved for not respecting the school property .

The urinal , there wasn't any damage caused by this incident , and nobody was hurt or else i would have gotten a call that day , and i know for sure because i asked the teacher , it's just bottom of shoe was wet and another student told on him . That's all .