Does your child look like you?...

MomoJA

PF Fiend
Feb 18, 2011
stjohnjulie said:
MomoJA, is your daughter still very fair? My son, as well as many babies born to darker skinned parents, was a lot fairer when he was first born. His skin gradually became darker. I think he's settled into his real color now. My husband is very dark, and I am pretty pale (unless I have a tan :) ) and Ilo is just about half way between us.
She has darkened quite a bit, though she is still fairly light-skinned considering how dark her father is. When she was born, the nurses told me she would end up a shade between the color she was inside her ears and in her genital region.

The other day my students, all of whom are black, asked me why she was so white if she was mixed. I answered that she was as dark as so-and-so, one of them who is "high yellow" as they say.

She says her dad is brown, her mom is pink, and she is gold. I like that.

Father_0f_7

PF Addict
Aug 19, 2008
F.I., Florida
- Megan is a pretty even mixture of the two of us. She has my ears, eyes. She has Amber's nose, hair color, chin and height.

- Dylan looks exactly like me, at least that's what everyone tells us, I see it sometimes. We've always looked alike but as he gets older it's becoming more noticeable.

- Dane looks more like Amber but he just kind of looks like his own person. But his personality is almost identical to mine.

- With Cassie it depends on her mood. If she's just sitting down and doing nothing she looks like me but her mannerisms are Amber all the way.

- I've never really seen Jon's mom but he doesn't really look like his dad all that much. The shape of his face is similar to his dad's but that's about it.

- Billy has my hair and eye color but other than that he doesn't look like either of us. He does look A LOT like my brother...seriously, they could be twins.

- Kaitlyn looks exactly like Amber. Beautiful green eyes, dark blonde hair. Everytime I look at her all I see is Amber.

artistinspired

PF Regular
Mar 14, 2011
Oregon
in lew of attempting to up my post count so i can post my issue i shall post here..lol

My 16 year old daughter: yes, accept her nose and facial structure. those are her dads, the nose i saw right after birth :)

My 14 year old son: yes, again accept for his nose and his eyes. His coloring is all me, down to the frekles on his face.

My 8 year old daughter: no. she is her father in looks. she has lovely tan skin, dark eyes and dark hair. The rest of us are albinos with blue eyes and blonde hair..lol

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
MomoJA, when my son was born, the back half of his ears were much darker then the rest of him. Almost like someone had drawn a line! And that is what color his skin is now :) And yes, "high yellow" and "red boned" and "clear skinned" are few terms used here quite a bit. Another thing said here, which I don't care for!, is "mixed breed".

I read a book recently, and the main character was describing a child with a white mom, black dad, and she said their child had skin "the color of love." Which I really like :) Your daughter has a beautiful way of describing her skin color too :)

superman

PF Fiend
Aug 23, 2010
Canada
i think James really took after me with looks, haha he looks like a younger version of me so ive been told lol..but i think Brandon is gonna look like his mama. he already has features like her and got her hair colour

IowaMom

PF Regular
Mar 14, 2011
Iowa
My daughter frequently comes home from work and says "someone came in and said I must be your daughter". We are TWINS. Which is odd because no other parent/child in my family looks SO close. I have one sister of 3 that looks "like" me but not near the closeness of my daughter and me.

Oddly enough, my cousin had 4 girls. When the 3rd one was around age 3, she looked EXACTLY like I did at that age. It was so amazing!

My other daughter looks more like her dad. And my son is more a blend of us.

That's genes for ya!

lvlr

Mar 17, 2011
It harder to see your own family resemblance. Just an odd trick of the mind. Say look at the children of some other family and they all look alike, but compare yourself to your brothers or sisters and you likely won't see it as strongly.

PennQuaker09

PF Fiend
Oct 8, 2007
Durham, NC
My kids have blond hair and blue eyes. I'm half African American, so odds are, they don't even have the same DNA, however, when I was a baby/kid I did have blond hair. The mysteries of genetics.

biru

Oct 25, 2010
Indonesia
Yeah, the lower half of my son's face is similar to his mother's (me). His eyes reminds me of my younger brother's. I think he's gonna look like my younger brother when he grows up, too. While the daughter takes after her father.

Both children are adopted and people have told us the same things. Sometimes you just have to "go figure." But then there are many famous people who look similar to other famous people, so probably not. :p :D

Johndoe

Mar 25, 2011
when my son was born everyone said he looked like his mom, now he is 3 and everyone says he looks like me..yayy me lol