Drugged up 12 year old......

Orlando Marquez

Jul 5, 2014
Why is my wife stuck on giving our step-son a medicine for everything. His bathroom sink, cabinet, and shelf are full of all kinds of allergy medicines, cut creams, scrap creams, itch creams, rash creams, skin moisturizers, foot sprays, foot powders, Claritin, daily vitamins, deodorants, body sprays, bandages, colognes, etc!

Our sons restroom looks like a meth lab!

Is anyone else in my boat??

Sent from above...

Orlando Marquez

Jul 5, 2014
Ok, everyone is missing the point here.

Nevermind the bathroom items, where and when did "helicopter parenting" become standard practice?

Sent from above...

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
I have all of that stuff in my medical cabinet but I use it on my children when required. Obviously not all of it is relevant to my life but in your case I think that if the 12 y/o has allergies then you need allergy medication. You should have things like rash creams, antibacterial cut creams and bandages anyway just in case and all 12 year olds should be starting to wear deodorant. It sounds pretty normal to me

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
I don't know if it's really helicoptering as much as it is consumerist culture. Some new product comes out so we buy it, we use it once, then it sits in the cupboard for a few years.
At least, that's the deal with my bathroom cupboard.

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
I can understand if you are objecting to excessive consumerism, but in my mind having unnecessary toiletriesdoes not equal "drugged up". Seriously, when I saw the title I thought thisthread would either be about a kid with a drug addiction, or who is on unnecessary chronic prescription meds...