Dylan...

Father_0f_7

PF Addict
Aug 19, 2008
F.I., Florida
Dylan graduates on June 4th! He's going to Jacksonville University and has already been "given" a spot on the baseball team, they were one game away from the college world series but were eliminated by Auburn (haha, WAR EAGLE!). But they've been a part of the NCAA tournament 4 times in the last 7 years. He's joining NROTC (he's been in NJROTC all through high school) and he's apparently going to join the Navy the summer before his sophomore year in college.

He's already picked his major and everything. He's done everything by himself; gone to the college, registration...everything.

Aviation Management and Flight Operations is his Major (do you think he's turning into me at all) lol. He's been in the process of getting his private pilot's license since he was 15.

They have AMAZING features to the Aviation program at JU:
- Flight training at Craig Municipal Airport, in Delta Connection Academy's fleet of Cessna and Piper aircraft.
-Opportunities for advanced flight training students to work as flight instructors during their college studies
- The JU student Flight Team that travels to regional and national competitions
- Faculty includes former commercial and military pilots, plus aviation management experts
- Small classes and personal attention

He wants to have a Music major too - I told him to go for it...but Aviation courses are EXTREMELY difficult so he's a little worried.

When we heard he has a FULL baseball scholarship we were SOOOOO excited. Wanna know why? It's a private University so here are the Costs off the website:

For students enrolled for 12 to 18 credit hours
Tuition (Per semester)- $13,300
Student Health Insurance-$570 per academic year
For each additional hour of over 18 - $433

That's not even including books or housing. So we're very excited.
Although he is kind of upset that the dorms aren't coed...his girlfriend is actually fairly happy about that.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
that all sounds so great and really a great deal financially given all he gets out of it.

As for Coed...I lived on a coed FLOOR in a coed dorm...and it was no where near as much fun as you'd assume. some of the women became like sisters to us and the other, well, like mean sisters, I guess. I can't think of a single relationship that formed in that environment...(besides it's much more fun when you have to be sneaky...(I remember sneaking into DW's all girls dorm when she was in college, and spending the night....interesting logistics there...