Educational Songs...

Kali

PF Enthusiast
Aug 26, 2011
Louisville, KY
So I've decided that the children remember their "silly" songs really well and that would be extra cool if those songs were actually educational. So I came in here to the computer and typed in educational song CDs in hopes of finding a couple of good ones. I have been bombarded with a million different artists and CDs. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Matakilli

Banned
Nov 14, 2011
I have never heard of such song... Want to hear it... Can you post any song of this type here... I shall be grateful!

MomoJA

PF Fiend
Feb 18, 2011
School House Rock is cool. And the new Electric Company is really good and has lots of songs.

Kali

PF Enthusiast
Aug 26, 2011
Louisville, KY
We went with Music by Mar. She's pretty good but she's clearly supposed to be for in classroom learning. I'd like to find a different bunch.

Matakilli - The list under the link I provided has some of the songs that you can sample.

john pape

Jan 18, 2012
Educational Songs having a specific interaction to all students so we will follow any perceptual and observation skills provide us best promotion any stage.

hungrymike

Feb 3, 2012
I wrote a kids book as part of my masters thesis, where I studied emergent literacy. Its a fun of book that also encourages learning. It is sort of similar to hop on pop. Here is the music video I made for it.

youtube.com/watch?v=_Gwj0njTalk

hungrymike

Feb 3, 2012
i made a music video out of a beginer book I wrote while working on my masters degree, where i focused in emergent literacy. Go to youtube and search for

The life and style of Mee-ow the cat

its a pretty cool book. Its fun and also encourages learning.

kidsaregreat

Jun 1, 2012
My daughter loves Chalk Preschool's YouTube videos and she just started their online program which also features a lot more videos and songs for them to dance along to. I know that's limited only for preschool, but type in "_______ song" on YouTube for almost anything and you're guaranteed to find at least one helpful video

yeng

Nov 22, 2012
Old Christmas songs might be helpful. Like Jingle Bells, We Wish You a Merry Christmas and so on. You could check some on SoundCloud. http://bit.ly/Jollysongs

There are instrumental versions too.