Eeeek!!...

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
My 11 yr. old DD has recently designated herself as my fashion consultant. Oh my! The outfits she has produced from the contents of my closet have been, ummm, interesting. Nothing I would put together. LOL!

16th ave.

PF Addict
Jan 4, 2009
East Texas
lol, i can't wait for the girls to get to that stage. with emmy loving to primp already and chloe being a tomboy its gonna be a scary day to wear what they pick out. lol

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Dadu2004 said:
Haha.... my wife does that for me. Good thing, I may dress like a computer nerd otherwise! Oh wait....
LOL!! I kind of do that for BF too. What can I say, I'm just better at picking his clothes out than he is. :D haha

Trina, that's so cute! Oh, the joys of parenting girls. My sisters and I definitely did that to our mom all the time. She actually started buying some cool clothes after a while lol I guess our fashion senses rubbed off on her. :cool:

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
Dadu2004 said:
Haha.... my wife does that for me. Good thing, I may dress like a computer nerd otherwise! Oh wait....

LOL! My DH usually does OK, but I give him suggestions at times. :D He works in IT also.

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
16th ave. said:
lol, i can't wait for the girls to get to that stage. with emmy loving to primp already and chloe being a tomboy its gonna be a scary day to wear what they pick out. lol

That's what's so funny. My DD was tomboy until puberty kicked in. She's still not into really girly stuff but some of the things she has picked out at the store have surprised me. I cringe, but as long as it's appropriate and within our budget I've been letting her pick out her own clothes.

She used to tease me about wearing "dorky clothes" but stated last night she can't wait until she's older/bigger because she's going to raid my closet. :eek: I said, "Hey, you said I wear dorky clothes!" DD: "Well, actually, you have good taste, Mom. AND you don't wear Mom Jeans!" LOLOL!

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Dadu2004 said:

hey, there is nothing wrong with black sansa belt slacks, black tie and a white SHORT-SLEEVED dress shirt. It's a classic (IBM ca. 1968)

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
Dadu2004 said:
Yeah, well, I used to work for the Geek Squad. :) I wore that silly outfit and drove that butt ugly car for 2 years!

*Snicker*

DH's company has a "business casual" dress policy. He wears essentially the same thing every day to work, in alternating colors: casual dress pants and a button down shirt.

Nights and weekends he wears what I call "droopy drawers". He has a nice butt and droopy drawers just don't do it any justice! He claims they're "comfortable" but when we go out he wears good fitting jeans/pants to please me. :)

On the topic, yesterday I wore a new pair of jeans. I asked him if he liked them. His reply, "They're not tight enough. ;)" I replied, "Hey, they're not droopy drawers!" LOL!

Anna78

PF Enthusiast
Jul 8, 2007
London, UK
Lol my 8 year old is the same! She wants to be a fashion designer when shes older, she asked me if she could be Gok Wan the other day lol

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
Lunar, I didn't say I actually wore any of the outfits she put together. LOL!

zeitgeist

PF Fiend
Oct 8, 2008
Dadu2004 said:
My wife too. I say that since she's got to be the one looking at me, she might as well get to decorate me some way that she's going to like seeing me.

I usually wind up looking better than I would have otherwise, and now I don't have to shop for clothes anymore. Win-win for me. :)

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Lunareclipse said:
I don't think I could ever allow my daughter to pick out my clothes for me.
Its just for fun, like playing dress up. Nothing wrong with taking a hand in your child's creativity and sense of fashion and self-worth. :) Not to mention the excellent mother/daughter bonding time!

She's not going to go grocery shopping like that or anything. lol

16th ave.

PF Addict
Jan 4, 2009
East Texas
"""""She's not going to go grocery shopping like that or anything."""""

i think that is where it could get to be lots of fun. taking the girls shopping w/ya and having them to help pick out accessories or something. you never know. they may end up helping you pick out a really great outfit that ya might not otherwise have dared to try. lol