eggs...

16th ave.

PF Addict
Jan 4, 2009
East Texas
this might sound a bit stupid but i can't pass it up.:D

evidently its not safe to eat eggs when you're sick. see, it came about because emmy wants to eat eggs but dh wont let her because she is sick with a fever and bad headache. no congestion just the headache and fever.
either way, i'm fine with it. if the eggs wont hurt her then why not? but if they will then ok---no eggs.

is it safe to eat eggs when you are sick?<EMOJI seq="1f615">:confused:</EMOJI>

TabascoNatalie

PF Addict
Jun 1, 2009
England and somewhere else
i never heard that. sometime ago, i used to hear, that you shouldn't eat more than 2 eggs a week. but that didn't make much sense either.
maybe it was directed at raw eggs or products which contain raw eggs? (they can contain bacteria)

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
I wonder if he is getting confused with Dairy products. Which in this case would mean milk and cheese. I know both of those make mucus and we steer clear of them when the kids are coughing and such.

To answer your OP. No we have never avoided eggs for a cold.

AmyBelle

PF Fiend
Apr 20, 2008
Australia
Never heard of that one either.

If youre vomiting then eggs are a little difficult to digest and can aggrivate the stomach, so maybe thats where the confusing is coming in? But with a fever there isnt a problem.

16th ave.

PF Addict
Jan 4, 2009
East Texas
i'd never heard of either until dh mentioned it. he wont even try to explain why he says that you shouldn't eat eggs when you're sick. i've been known to some eggs when i wasn't feeling too well and never had a problem with it.
&amp; we never give the girls any milk items when they're sick either.
emmy is feeling better and she didn't get any eggs. no reason to start an argument when there's enough of that lately. :sad:

thanks ya'll...

flores16

May 7, 2010
Good to know. It's not going to kill me to not eat eggs while I'm sick, I'll just have pancakes.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
flores - we appreciate you posting, but we try not to post in threads with a last post date any older than 30 days. :) Don't worry, I think everybody has done it when they first start. Just keep an eye on that please.

Thanks!