Mar 20, 2008
PA

I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

What a face, right??? Wow lol.

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
What a cutie! :) Is he always such a ham? LOL! BTW, his skin looks just as my DS's and DD's when they were little - eczema. Try using soap sparingly during his baths to see if that helps.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Really??? It looks the same??? I asked the doctor and he said nothing!! I don't really like him, I have to search for a new pediatrician, which sucks big time. Use soap sparingly? Like just a little dab on the washcloth? Sparingly like that? I get paranoid that I don't get him clean... His cheeks lately actually look amazing, because I've been going crazy with the aquaphor. But his skin looks the same.

And yes. He is ALWAYS. A ham. LOL

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
Yes, sparingly like that. Just a little bit. Try it for a few weeks and see if his skin clears up. He may also be sensitive to the particular shampoo or soap you're using. Definitely keep up with the frequent moisturizing. We use Eucerin, but I've also heard good things about Aquaphor.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
I love his face and in the second one. And I also agree with Trina...my son has skin like that also. Do you notice his legs feeling scaley ever?

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Yeah!! His shins especially. And it's only his legs right in that spot...that is so funny you said that lol I wouldn't have mentioned it.

Trina - Any soaps you could recommend that are gentler?

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
Xero said:
Trina - Any soaps you could recommend that are gentler?
Actually, Kaytee and fallon (and others with babies) would be better to ask. There are a lot more gentle baby products on the market now than when my kids were little. Back then there wasn't much to choose from other than Johnson & Johnson. LOL!

The kids and I now use Dove Sensitive, sparingly, if that helps.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
Aveno baby has nice soaps and soothing oatmeal baths for babies, also lotions and I swear by them. Switching to this from J&J help a ton

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
My daughter has sensitive (rash prone) skin. Awhile back I got rid of the bubble baths and got her a bar of aveeno skin care soap. Seems to work pretty well for her.

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
Not an issue everyone needs to worry about, but both my kids have severe nut allergies. I have recently learned some Cetaphil and Aveeno lotions and body washes contain nut oils. :eek: We have to read ALL labels, not just food.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
Trina said:
Not an issue everyone needs to worry about, but both my kids have severe nut allergies. I have recently learned some Cetaphil and Aveeno lotions and body washes contain nut oils. :eek: We have to read ALL labels, not just food.
wow...I would have never thought of that

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
HappyMomma said:
I must be losing my mind... I read that completely wrong the first time. :eek:

Not losing your mind. You just need to get it out of the gutter. LOL!

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
LOL you dorks. I've looked at Aveeno baby soaps before, and wondered if they were gentler. I wouldn't mind switching to that. Eli has never had anything with nuts in it before, I don't think... that's odd they would have nut oils in a baby product though!! So far no signs of nut allergies though. :)