Even more critters...

Kim

PF Fiend
Apr 3, 2007
St. Louis, MO
Well, I was awakened this morning by my daughter screaming her head off. Of course I went running up there, yelling to her that I was coming and she screamed back "Don't come up here, there's a bird in my playroom!"

OK....

I went up anyways and brought her down, I opened the windows in Hannah's room, then let the dog upstairs - I think it's gone, but how the heck did it get in the house?

What a great way to start a Saturday. Not even 8:00. Ugh.

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
Do you have a chimney?

Our house has a hole in the wall where one of them old-timey stoves used to hook to. It's blocked off now by a plate (Is that what they're called?) (I am so remodeling this summer) We kept hearing birds, found out they were coming in from the chimney and were in that wall. Jackie put rice in there and put the plate back on, and we've not heard them since.

However, I heard that rice kills birds? :(

WHYTEKNYGHT2003

PF Fiend
Sep 12, 2007
dallastown, pa
yeah. birds will eat rice untill they are full, then go drink water. and we all know what water does to rice............. BOOM!!! no more birdie. thats why they dont throw rice at weddings anymore

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I just found out this morning I have a racoon that's bigger then my neighbors dog that's getting in my trash. I kept wondering how they tipped it over. Now I have to find a way to get rid of it without hurting my neighbors cats.
My neighbor said she saw her cat chase after it and thought the cat was nuts because it was four times it's size. Gawd love her cats!

I bet your daughter was freaked out! So was the bird. lol They fly in my lanai all the time but mostly little finches. Maybe it's a good sign?

parentinzen

PF Regular
Mar 9, 2008
That is crazy! I wonder how it got there? We have had a bird in our garage before, but not in the house. Actually- it was a hummingbird. It took some convincing to get out because it kept going for the red string that was hanging down from the garage door. LOL! I took a broom and chased it, which sent my kids laughing at me for a long time. After it was over, I was glad it had happened. At least it provided for some amusement nt for the family. Nothing like watching your mother run around chasing a bird with a broom. :)

-Amy
http://www.parentingzen.com