excited, excited, excited!...

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
My first was 9-9 but 2 weeks over due, Felix was late also right? Those extra days really make a difference in their size.

All of my other ones were 6-6 to 6-8 one was 7-1. They were all born at 38-39 weeks.

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
yeah Felix was 6 days overdue and Alegra was 6 days early LOL wow i never thought of it like that before.. how similar they are LOL.. that is probably why... she would have probably surpassed 5 pounds if she had waited those extra 6 days LOL my impatient little girl already

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
our first was 11 -2 (and yes, that's in pounds and ounces, not some weird metric thing or anything...) Never did get to wear any of those cute newborn clothes....

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
IADad said:
our first was 11 -2 (and yes, that's in pounds and ounces, not some weird metric thing or anything...) Never did get to wear any of those cute newborn clothes....

Good lord! How big was the 2nd one?

Ted couldn't wear the newborn baby clothes either, he was short and fat, while the length would sorda fit we couldn't button anything on him.

My sisters get bigger and bigger, when she reached the 11 pound mark she decided it was time to quit, she was afraid the next one would reach the 13 pound mark.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
um, you'd think I'd remember that...9 something (like 9pd 10 oz?) yup we grow big babies.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
ELEVEN POUNDS!!!! Geez oh man!! Did she have a regular birth???? I can't imagine!! Wow!

My mom had a friend that had two boys, the first one was 11lbs something and the second one was 13lbs something!! I mean wow!! She said the nurses were wondering why a 3 month old baby was in the nursery lol.

Eli was 8lbs even. I always thought that was funny. You never hear anybody say they had a baby that was 7lbs even or 8lbs even or anything, there's always ounces attached. Eli had to be different. haha

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
wow, even pounds, that is rare. I bet you almost had to say "8 pounds no ounces." or people would ask, thinking maybe you were rounding or something.

No she had an irregular birth...well she's irregular now..., just kidding, both boys were by c/s. The first because he was a week overdue and hadn't had a contraction yet, and if she watned to deliver it would be AMA...tthey second, was just because the first had been...they thought about putting in a zipper, but you never think you're going to need one....

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
oh, and yes, he was the talk of the nursery...it was easy to spot him when people checked in through the window...

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
IADad said:
wow, even pounds, that is rare. I bet you almost had to say "8 pounds no ounces." or people would ask, thinking maybe you were rounding or something.
Its true! I always have to throw something out there about it being weird that he was 8lbs even with no ounces or else I swear all people think I just don't feel like remembering the ounces lol.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Xero said:
Its true! I always have to throw something out there about it being weird that he was 8lbs even with no ounces or else I swear all people think I just don't feel like remembering the ounces lol.
you could tell people he was 128 oz....of course then it sounds like fluid measure...He was a gallon!

Jeremy+3

PF Addict
Apr 18, 2009
Nottinghamshire
How come you are having to stay so long, did you have complications?

I hope she has a good latch, I know smaller babies can struggle a little at first.

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
no she is okay but because she is so small and she isn't feeding as easily as the doctor would like i have to stay until she gets to 5 pounds and so far she has lost weight not gained it...

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Yeah you're not allowed to leave the hospital unless the baby is at least five pounds in the hospitals here too. :)