Facebook timeline.....

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Anyone else heard about it? I've had it for a while and really like it.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-57343500-17/facebook-timeline-goes-live-out-with-old-in-with-new/[/URL]

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
That's kind of cool. How heavy are you into Facebook? How about everyone else? I don't have a page, but my husband does. I use his, he never uses it. He has a T-O-N of family and I put occasional pictures of the kids up there for them to see so I don't have to email everyone, but that's about it.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
I like the new timeline, I'm thinking of getting it but not ready yet lol. Julie I'm on FB every day. I post fairly often, but mostly I put up pictures like. Constantly. lol

Incogneato

PF Fanatic
Feb 9, 2011
It's a cool feature but I don't use Facebook at all. I ended up creating my own website and hosting all pictures and videos there.

Incogneato

PF Fanatic
Feb 9, 2011
Xero said:
That's cool Incogneato! How is that baby boy doing?

Growing like a weed...20.4 lbs, 27 inches. Two bottom teeth came in mostly and others are coming in but not breaking through like bottom ones. He hates crawling, prefers standing. He travels up/down the front of couch while using his hands for support on top of couch cushions. Mom and son both have separation anxiety..both when leaving them at grandparents and when sleeping at night. I refuse to let him in bed, she lets him sleep on her. He sleeps well on someone but hates the crib. Still working through coming to some sort of situation with him sleeping in his own area.

K_Stepmom2b

PF Enthusiast
Jan 2, 2012
CA
I'm an avid FB user.
It started out purely to an previous interface where my friends and I communicated about events, get-togethers, news and the like basically started charging for services that were just redonkulous. So we all migrated over to Facebook.
its proven a good time waster and crushes social interaction. but a good thing for friends and family to know your every move (if you are one of those posters) if they are not in the same area as you.
The timeline- I'm still figuring it out. I use it mostly from my phone, after I get home - the last thing I want to do is be glued to a computer screen (Although, I admit it occasionally happens!)

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Incogneato said:
Growing like a weed...20.4 lbs, 27 inches. Two bottom teeth came in mostly and others are coming in but not breaking through like bottom ones. He hates crawling, prefers standing. He travels up/down the front of couch while using his hands for support on top of couch cushions. Mom and son both have separation anxiety..both when leaving them at grandparents and when sleeping at night. I refuse to let him in bed, she lets him sleep on her. He sleeps well on someone but hates the crib. Still working through coming to some sort of situation with him sleeping in his own area.
Hey, how did I miss this? lol That is so cute!! He sure is getting big. :) Teeth already! My youngest (7 months on Sunday) still has no sign of teeth haha. But I am OKAY with that!! Still breastfeeding, don't wanna get bit. :p My oldest didn't get a tooth till he was 10 months so I imagine he's following the same path. They are just so much fun but so much trouble when they get moving, aren't they? My youngest has been crawling all over the house since he turned 6 months, and for almost a week he's been pulling up to the furniture to stand. He doesn't really travel along them yet though. Just stands and leans from one side to the other. I'm sure it's right around the corner though (eek!). Night time can be hard with babies! Hang in there! My spoiled booger sleeps in my bed every night lol so I know where DW is coming from. :) Babies like to be close to their parents. Plus crib mattresses are super firm for prevention of SIDS. That doesn't make it any easier on us!! haha

Last edited:

spyparent

Jan 27, 2012
Los Angeles
facebook is an awesome place to keep your contacts, but I agree partially with a large amount of people who say it takes a huge chunk of your time and it also make raises the question, quality or quantity.

I was once told that friends form out of convenience or necessity. I have one great friend that I have know since childhood and sadly, we don't have the same contact. we are friends on facebook and I see her once every two years, but both our lives and families keep us really busy. which raises the next question, big city, little city. I like the city, she likes the country. we both have kids and we both disagree on that.

I notice that she has way more facebook action going on then I do. does demographics have anything to do with that. I wonder if there is a study on that, I know that the midwest is widely know for having larger movie box office sales and music sales. is that because there is less to do?

any how, I feel like I should be proactive with the web, but I also want to have a real social life and experience, not just an online social. hope I'm not offending anyone. online shopping is a different story!

Stips

Feb 1, 2012
Japan
I can't stand it and I hate that they're forcing it onto everybody. It's too reliant on scrolling, it's just poor design.

inexco

Feb 1, 2012
Does anybody know how to remove timeline once it applied to our profile? Not quite like it. :\