Favorite Toy?...

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Aww what a goof ball! That's too cute. :p I took Eli to one of those indoor bouncie park things and he LOVED it, but that was in South Carolina. I'm dying for them to put one in around here. With all the poor weather we get, they'd make plenty of money. Don't know why we don't have one yet.

Aussie Barb

PF Regular
Sep 27, 2010
Sydney Australia
Who knows, Eli may well be moulding his future career choice! Maybe he's a mechanical engineer in the making? Focused attention is a great thing, it will hold him in good stead his whole life. Hope that's not too philosophical for a 3 year old, but it is interesting to see how early personality traits carry through in children's lives. Enjoy!

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
I agree Aussie Barb! I wonder that all the time, if it will be a passion that he will hold onto and want to make a career out of. :) I guess we will just see what happens.

Jake72

PF Regular
Dec 18, 2010
Alabama
My son loves Halo, that's what he's always playing when he's on his xBox.

My daughter seems to go through phases, I think right now it's The Sims 3.

superrod2010

PF Enthusiast
Dec 29, 2010
Utah
For our 7 yr old boy it is video games and Legos although the army men are a high rank too.
For the little girl it is dolls and her very first plush, a white lamb that she still takes to bed most nights.

Satori

PF Enthusiast
Dec 30, 2010
Australia
Isn't funny how kids sometimes go straight for the box the toy came in and Dad gets to play with the expensive toy? At least till the kid realizes that the toy could be fun too.

superrod2010

PF Enthusiast
Dec 29, 2010
Utah
Satori said:
Isn't funny how kids sometimes go straight for the box the toy came in and Dad gets to play with the expensive toy? At least till the kid realizes that the toy could be fun too.
That is so true! They can get more joy out of the simple things in life than we ever expect. We try to smother them with all the most ridiculous toys at Christmas and Birthdays and they only need one and they will be content or at the early age just the wrapping or box. I guess I should look at the toys I want next year and wrap those...

Satori

PF Enthusiast
Dec 30, 2010
Australia
superrod2010 said:
That is so true! They can get more joy out of the simple things in life than we ever expect. We try to smother them with all the most ridiculous toys at Christmas and Birthdays and they only need one and they will be content or at the early age just the wrapping or box. I guess I should look at the toys I want next year and wrap those...
Well, you have exactly 360 days to pick your toys:)

Apr 7, 2011
Related to this thread, I'm designing a toy to foster creative play among kids as part of an industrial design class project. I'm reading through threads looking for relevant conversations and people who might want to fill out a survey that could help me gather more information about what works and what doesn't work in fostering creative play among kids.

I may be back shortly with a link to the survey!