Few pictures of the new guy...

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
Here are a few pictures! I think Ilo has just about settled into his skin color. He's definitely not as dark as dad, but darker than big brother (I'm about the same as #1 son). Man! He sure is cute! The jury is still out on eye color, but I would guess that Ilo will have brown eyes, even though I am still seeing a bit of blue and green in there. sorry, they are kind of big!

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Oh my gosh he is seriously still one of the cutest babies I have ever seen, just wow!!!! He has such a cute little face, I just want to squish him!! lol

He just looks as healthy as can be too. I love all of the pictures of him with everybody. It looks like you just have the sweetest family ever. :)

Is the bottom one another one of your wedding pictures? Cause it is so cute, and the water is gorgeous I love it. Whoever did your photos did an excellent job. Plus you guys just seem like naturals!

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
he is a cutie! And I am Jealous of his skin color! I tan up nice (it's the Hispanic side of me) but I would love a good year round tan LOL

The eye's do look like they will be brown, of the 6 I gave birth to Sam and Kailyn are the only ones that got brown eyes, used to drive Sam mad cause the other ones (3) got blue and Vanna got a strange color that I am not sure how to describe, but they are not brown. Vanna also has the darkest skin tone, well Lupan is the darkest but my role in his DNA is non-existent, so I can't take credit for that one :).

Big brother looks very happy with the new baby!

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
Yes, that last one is a wedding photo. Most of them turned out pretty bad, and I had to photoshop the crap out of this one! But I like it :) I'm fortunate to have a pretty incredible back drop. It's almost impossible to take a bad picture on St. John. Even though my avatar looks like a "stock photo", it was taken with my not so great camera and my not so great photography skills.

Thanks for all the kind words. I think all of us think our own kids are perfect, hard to not be biased! I really do think he is a cutie. He never had that 'little old man' look that newborns tend to have at birth, and the week or two following birth. I was shocked to see that he had actually gained weight by the time he was 3 days old. I said, "WHAT?!?" when the nurse said he weighted 7lbs. Breastfed babies just don't do that. I'm curious to see what he is at now.

The other thing is that he is very alert. Sometimes I have a hard time getting him to eat because he just wants to look around. Of course, the ceiling fan is a source of great entertainment for him. He also loved the Christmas stockings hanging up. He seems a little bummed that they are gone. He still looks at that spot every morning just to see if I put them back yet. One morning I had one of the stockings down and he just couldn't get over it. He stared at that 'hole' left by the missing stocking for about 15 quiet minutes. I had to hang it back up so he would eat. Stinker!

I think his eyes will be brown too. They say that is the dominate color. Here is another photo from our wedding. This is the first time I've every put up a picture of myself on the internet...and even though this is a somewhat private album...I will probably only leave this one up for a short time...too shy! But this will give you a better idea of the gene pool Ilo is working off of!

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
he is adorable...... like seriously adorable... i think mine were beautiful of course but i look back and they look a bit like wrinkly aliens LOL

Ilo is just freakin adorable. 100%

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
You guys are such a great looking couple! I can definitely see some of both of you in Ilo. :) Sounds like that boy is doing SO good! And he seems like a real smarty too. :)

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
I think he's a pretty good mix of the both of us.

Yesterday a friend of ours met Ilo for the first time and he said, "Where'd you get that coolie hair?" Duh??? From his mom you idiot! I don't know if his hair will stay straight...it might fall out and come back curly. Sometimes people say the stupidest stuff.:speechhuh:

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
lol that's funny. At least they didn't say what a cute little girl he is. That's all people said about Eli until he was like 2 years old, didn't matter how much blue I put on him with dump trucks and baseballs lmao. But it wasn't until he was a little over two that I started keeping his hair real short so I guess I had it coming in that sense. But still.

His hair will probably change somehow or another. Eli's hair started off black and straight and ended up curly and golden brown, and after I cut it a few times it was straight again lol. If I let it get long though, it always starts to curl.

NancyM

PF Addict
Jul 2, 2010
New York
Julie
I'm sorry for posting late,
I thought I posted on here already to tell you how beautiful your sweet baby is. He is the cutest little button. lol cracks me up when they smile and laugh, what the heck could they be thinking is funny?? lol

I like the one sleeping with dad, very precious. Your other son is very handsome as well. He looks like he loves his baby brother very much.
Bless them both.

And the picture of you and your husband is really a good picture. you both look great.

Good luck to you all.

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
Thank you Nancy and 3s! I too wonder what they could be laughing about??? They've had such a short life thus far, and you wonder, 'what could be so funny?'

Big brother has been great! I mean, he says all the baby does is eat, poop, and sleep. Which is pretty accurate, but he still seems to dig him. He is on a trip right now...Disney with his dad. They stay with my parents. Even though he didn't verbalize it to me, I knew he was anxious about leaving baby brother. He wanted to wake him early on the day he was leaving so they could hang out. Very very cute. Just melts my heart!

I'm back to working as much as humanly possible, but I need to get some pictures downloaded. Have to keep you guys posted! Just love showing off the family :)

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
And we love it when you show them off!! :D hehe. I for one, sent my camera away to Canon to have it fixed because it turned into a piece of crap all of a sudden and it was really expensive so I can't justify going out and buying a brand new one just yet. We'll see if they can fix it, it should be coming back to my house any day now. If not I'll be getting a new one, but with that in mind I'll be posting more pictures after one of those things happen. :)

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
We went to the doctor yesterday and he is now almost 9lbs!!! Holy Cow! I get tons of comments on how he doesn't really look like a newborn. I have to agree...he always just looked 'mature', and he is very alert for a newborn.

At the doctor yesterday, one of the nurses says, "is he here for jaundice?" My husband wasn't with me...so I had to explain to her that his skin is a different color than mine because his dad is West Indian. Duh? She is a super nice lady, but she is kind of ditzy. If my husband had brought him in, she probably would have asked him who's baby it was :wacko:

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Lol wow that's a pretty stupid question. o_O I probably would have been mouthy. lol He's obviously not yellow.