Finally getting my dreadlocks!!!...

WestCoaster

PF Enthusiast
May 21, 2010
Vancouver Island
I am so excited I just have to tell someone!! For years now I have wanted dreadlocks so every time I walk past someone with dreadlocks whoever I'm with asks me "so are yah jealous?", lol. I'm keeping it a secret so it will be a surprise.

I have an appointment for this Thursday so I'll have to post pics afterwards :D

Jun 8, 2010
WestCoaster said:
I am so excited I just have to tell someone!! For years now I have wanted dreadlocks so every time I walk past someone with dreadlocks whoever I'm with asks me "so are yah jealous?", lol. I'm keeping it a secret so it will be a surprise.

I have an appointment for this Thursday so I'll have to post pics afterwards :D
Nice - I want them aswell :/ Will get this summer maybe...

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
That's cool. Never met someone with dreads that wasn't cool.

I always wanted dreads but the only place with enough hair on me is under my nose.

I could run that past a peer panel but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have the same effect.

WestCoaster

PF Enthusiast
May 21, 2010
Vancouver Island
AmyBelle said:
I had them err... 10 or so years ago.

Theyre awesome. Lots of maintenence though, otherwise they get ratty.
Yah the place that's doing them (Knotty Boy in Vancouver) suggests re-waxing and palmrolling twice a week for 2-6 months after getting them and then palm rolling for regular maintenance after they have established. Hopefully I'll have a head start with the amount of maintenance I have with my hair now, lol.

AmyBelle

PF Fiend
Apr 20, 2008
Australia
Oh man, yours would have taken so fast, you have PERFECT hair for it.

My hair is shiney and straight, it took FOREVER to get them to mat up.

WestCoaster

PF Enthusiast
May 21, 2010
Vancouver Island
AmyBelle said:
Oh man, yours would have taken so fast, you have PERFECT hair for it.

My hair is shiney and straight, it took FOREVER to get them to mat up.
It took 7 hours, lol. The woman that did it was so excited when she saw my hair because it's "perfect dreading hair". How long did it take for yours because it really did seem like she was flying through mine.