Finally !...

BabyAngel

PF Fanatic
Feb 6, 2012
Deux-Montagnes, Quebec, Canada
After trying for over 2 and a half year, my wife is finally pregnant again with our second child !! We're at 11 weeks now, going for the first ultrasound tomorrow ! Cannot wait to see this !

My wife doesn't have it easy this time around, she is throwing up constantly, not just the morning sickness, all the time/anytime!

It's starting to show !! :)

Our other child just turned 7, we haven't told her yet... wonder when to start talking to her about it ! Any recommendation ?

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Awww!! Congratulations!!! How exciting. :) I would wait to talk to your daughter until your wife starts the second trimester. Just to be safe.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Awe congrats!!!

As for telling your DD I would also wait till the 2nd trimester...although I never did cause the throwing up is always a dead give away with me ;)

As for the throwing up, ask your doctor about B12 or B6 and Unisom (the regular in the reddish package). While it didn't make it go away, it did help me some.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Congratulations!

I second the opinions to hold off until second trimester to tell DD and family. We did that first pregnancy and when all went well we threw caution to the wind on the second pregnancy and told everyone essentially right away. That pregnancy ended in a miscarriage a few weeks later and it painful/uncomfortable to all to have to explain when people would, with all good intentions, ask how the pregnancy was going.

Everything's going to be great for you I'm sure, but just take this extra opportunity to have this little secret between the two of you.

BabyAngel

PF Fanatic
Feb 6, 2012
Well, apparently my math was wrong, we started second trimester... and my wife wanted to tell everyone !! So we did ! Including my daughter... she seems very excited and she is starting to pick names ! :D

Last edited:

BabyAngel

PF Fanatic
Feb 6, 2012
bssage said:
It must have been exhausting for you.
You said it !! First six months we didn't "work" at it much, just stopped protecting ourselves BUT the following 2 years have been quite different..

Let's just say our daughter went to be early during "prime time" ! lol :D

No complaints !:p

NancyM

PF Addict
Jul 2, 2010
New York
BabyAngel said:
You said it !! First six months we didn't "work" at it much, just stopped protecting ourselves BUT the following 2 years have been quite different..

Let's just say our daughter went to be early during "prime time" ! lol :D

No complaints !:p
That's funny BabyAngel. lol congratulations enjoy this time around. lol I love the ultrasound too.

BabyAngel

PF Fanatic
Feb 6, 2012
Alright, here's the update !

During the last ultrasound, we found out my wife is carrying a baby BOY !! Now the naming game starts, I'm voting for Alexandre, my wife is not completely convinced yet... we'll see !

Here are a few shots from that last ultrasound

It took a lot of time for the doctor to finally be able to snap a good picture, the baby kept his hands or feet in his face the whole time...as if hiding from the camera !! :D The cord was in the way a lot too, but after a while we managed to get these two ! He has his mother's nose... so far !

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
I like Alexandre too. Alexandra, was our first choice name for a girl if we had one. Naming is a fun process.

Great pictures! It's amazing what they can do with imaging these days, just in the last 10 years it's come leaps and bounds.

BabyAngel

PF Fanatic
Feb 6, 2012
Thanks to both of you !

Our daughter is starting to be very "clingy" to her mother lately... we know she's going to be jealous quite a bit when the baby comes... (she's been jealous anytime her mother picks up any other kid/baby in her arms).

I'm talking a lot with her about the coming baby and how she will love the baby too... and how mommy and daddy will keep loving her just as much as now, etc... Not the easiest thing to deal with, but I think we're making progress !

We're spending a lot of time with her (as we always have) and I'm reinforcing the fact that we're still going to be spending a lot of time with her, even when the baby is there.... I also tell her that she will get to teach the baby loaaaaaaads of things !

I'm losing count on which week we're on right now... I think it's in the 24-25 range ! I need to check my calendar !

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
BabyAngel said:
Thanks to both of you !

Our daughter is starting to be very "clingy" to her mother lately... we know she's going to be jealous quite a bit when the baby comes... (she's been jealous anytime her mother picks up any other kid/baby in her arms).

I'm talking a lot with her about the coming baby and how she will love the baby too... and how mommy and daddy will keep loving her just as much as now, etc... Not the easiest thing to deal with, but I think we're making progress !

We're spending a lot of time with her (as we always have) and I'm reinforcing the fact that we're still going to be spending a lot of time with her, even when the baby is there.... I also tell her that she will get to teach the baby loaaaaaaads of things !

I'm losing count on which week we're on right now... I think it's in the 24-25 range ! I need to check my calendar !
you need to put a ticker on here, that'll keep track for you.

I also did the "verybestbaby" think, sponsored by one of the formula companies. That sent you emails each week about the development...that was kinda fun, especially the first pregnancy.

Yeah, if you can get her excited about the whole big sister role it's huge. DS1 was almost 5 when DS2 was born. Got into the big brother thing BIG time. I recommend getting one of those "I'm the big sister" t-shirts. Our son loved his big brother t-shirt, wanted to wear it to the hospital every day.

I landed in the hospital a week after DS 2 was born, and that was the day we were going to set up the breast pump for the first time, so without me, DS1 managed to help mom get it set up. When they visited me in the hospital, he announced. "I set up Mom's "milking machine!" Good times, mom felt honored.