First Words :)...

CapriSun

Jul 1, 2008
I was wondering if any of your children's 1st words where other then any form of mother and father. What where they?

(D)w C0O\_

Banned
Jul 1, 2008
well both my kids are out of the house but i remembe their first words. my sons first words sounded like a mixture between....ah hell i was too drunk to remember im sorry

oithedad

May 31, 2008
ky
Well my dds first was kinda mixed of dada and dog she still gets happier to see the dog then me sometimes

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
My god daughter said mama and dada pretty early but besides those, her actual first words were "what's dis" and "what's dat"

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
oithedad said:
Well my dds first was kinda mixed of dada and dog she still gets happier to see the dog then me sometimes

That's cute!

Mindy, they never stop either. The questions keep coming and they get harder and harder to explain.:laugh:

Mine just said the normal "Dada". Even Cameron did, although his biological father was and still is nowhere around.

oithedad

May 31, 2008
ky
Macey is a daddies girl, but her big thing now is "I'M the MOMA" its cute I knew the wife and I would have a lippy kid just not at 18 months

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
My nephews first word was his own name. Aidan. When you say it to an infant its kinda sing songy so all of us would just sing Aidan all the time to the poor kid. Sure enough his first word was Aidan just as sing songy as we sounded.

Nikita

PF Fanatic
Jun 10, 2008
London, ON
My kid decided he would be polite and have good manners. After mama and dada, his first word was "Thank-you."

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
All of mine have ran the gammit of, dog, oh no, uh oh etc,....but my 7 year olds were the most interesting, he didn't really talk in the begining but he growled, woofed like the dog and meowed, perfect imitations too, so his first real words were "OH Shoot" not that clean, replace a few letters and you got it, took a little time to replace it, taught me to watch my mouth!

NiallNai

PF Enthusiast
Aug 20, 2007
New Jersey
I was always told by my folks that my first word was "No". So I wouldn't be surprised if others didn't get Mama or Dada.

I also learned that my 20th or 30th word was Michael Douglas. Bizarre, huh? Even more unusual was that my father kept a record of my words.

button611

PF Enthusiast
Feb 14, 2008
Bailey says Mama and Dada but doesn't really associate them with us yet-but she is darn close to getting kitty out every time and points to one of the cats when she does-of course there are 9 of them and just 2 of us!!!!:laugh:

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Eli's very first word was definitely "Baba". He's a fatty.

THEN came Dada, Mama, Num (like for food), Up, and ALMOST kitty (comes out like ti-ti). In that order.