Flu Shots...

Will you get your kids a flu shot this season?...

• Yes...

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • No...

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters

Sirk

Your Forum Mom
Apr 1, 2008
I know it's anecdotal, but every year we got the flu shot (it was required for work) we would get the flu.
The past 2-3 years we didn't get the shot and didn't get the flu.

So FU flu shot! :D

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
Sirk said:
I know it's anecdotal, but every year we got the flu shot (it was required for work) we would get the flu.
The past 2-3 years we didn't get the shot and didn't get the flu.

So FU flu shot! :D
same here :( no shot for us!!!

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Probably not. If it's not guaranteed to work, then why get it? Just another needle in my poor little thing's leg. I hate seeing him get stuck, especially if it's not for a really good reason. Anyway he's already got the flu. LOL

NW_Mama

Sep 5, 2008
I get the flu shot through work, though it's not required. I'm still on the fence as to whether or not my little guy will get it. I suppose it's time to do some research.

Skyburning

PF Fiend
Oct 6, 2007
Mississippi
I have never gotten a flu shot, and I've never gotten the flu. However, my brother gets the flu shot and it ALWAYS makes him sick. I'm on the fence about whether or not I'll give it to Nolan..but I'm leaning towards not.

mom970

Jul 23, 2008
PA
I don't know if this is true but I thought I heard that they were going to make the flu shot mandatory for children. Now I can't remember where I heard this. Did anyone else hear this?

NinJaBob

PF Addict
Sep 29, 2008
Ohio
I probably won't get the flu shot for myself as usual I will be too lazy to actually go to Kroger and get it done but I will ensure that my kids get it.

amcquinn

Sep 23, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Actually the CDC (Centre for Disease Control) only touts 15% efficacy for all flu shots, right on their website, which is pretty low. The thing is that the pharmaceutical companies can only provide you with last year's strain as they have no clue what is coming down the pipe. The flu shot can also be immune suppressing as per YouTube video entitled "Vaccination: The Hidden Truth", <YOUTUBE id="pnkCZquJBYw" url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnkCZquJBYw.">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnkCZquJBYw.</YOUTUBE> Many individuals cite getting sick after getting the shot. I had one patient almost die from the flu shot, she got so sick. We provide our clients a free oral homeopathic influenzinum dose. After 9 years we can report 99% efficacy, every year, with no negative side effects or potential to cause harm.

eleventy1!!

PF Regular
Oct 1, 2008
Minnesota
We're getting the shots, at least for the kids. Flu season here has been vicious for the past couple of years and there have been a number of fatalities among unvaccinated kids. Pretty scary.

amcquinn

Sep 23, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Ok. I'm not opposing you. I don't think you heard me, though. I am with you all the way when it comes to protecting any child from disease especially if you can exceed what the allopathic shots offer. What I' am suggesting that the homeopathic dose is safer and does more than an 80% better job of it too. So we're saying the same thing, it's just that allopathic drugs are the number one killer in North America Arcanum Wholistic Clinic Blog Archive Vaccinations: Bullied vs Informed

eleventy1!!

PF Regular
Oct 1, 2008
Minnesota
amcquinn said:
Ok. I'm not opposing you. I don't think you heard me, though. I am with you all the way when it comes to protecting any child from disease especially if you can exceed what the allopathic shots offer. What I' am suggesting that the homeopathic dose is safer and does more than an 80% better job of it too. So we're saying the same thing, it's just that allopathic drugs are the number one killer in North America Arcanum Wholistic Clinic Blog Archive Vaccinations: Bullied vs Informed
I don't know if you are addressing me or not since my post was not in reference to anything that you said. I was merely responding to the original post regarding the flu shot. I have no interest in homeopathic remedies.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Yeah, they can only guess which one is going to come around, so it's hard to say if the shot they give you will even help since there are so many different types of the flu. I've also heard of tons of people saying they GET sick from getting the shot. That's why I never bother with it. Too many variables for my taste.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
umfpt said:
I prefer taking the flu shot to being bed ridden with the flu for a week or more.
I guess that would be better for some...seems we've always gotten the flu when we get the shot. I personally haven't had the flu since I stopped getting the vax and neither has my daughter. It's great that it works for you though :)

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
amcquinn said:

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
eleventy1!! said:
I don't know if you are addressing me or not since my post was not in reference to anything that you said. I was merely responding to the original post regarding the flu shot. I have no interest in homeopathic remedies.
any reason you're opposed to natural remedies?

eleventy1!!

PF Regular
Oct 1, 2008
Minnesota
fallon said:
any reason you're opposed to natural remedies?
I'm not actively opposed, just disinterested in trying them for anything for which there exists a practical and scientifically sound alternative.