Flu Shots...

Will you get your kids a flu shot this season?...

• Yes...

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • No...

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
eleventy1!! said:
I'm not actively opposed, just disinterested in trying them for anything for which there exists a practical and scientifically sound alternative.
I get it...I personally love natural remedies and will use them over man made meds whenever I can. I love that there are options out there ya know. That way as parents we can make the right choices for our own families rather than being forced into what's right for the majority :)

NinJaBob

PF Addict
Sep 29, 2008
Ohio
eleventy1!! said:
I'm not actively opposed, just disinterested in trying them for anything for which there exists a practical and scientifically sound alternative.
I'm skeptical myself. I prefer more traditional medicine. However My wife's grandmother is losing her battle with Cancer in fact they have given up fighting it and are just sort of waiting for her to pass. I suggested why not try some homeopathic treatment. I said "It can't hurt". They looked at me like I had lobsters crawling out of my ears.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
PhilBilly said:
I'm skeptical myself. I prefer more traditional medicine. However My wife's grandmother is losing her battle with Cancer in fact they have given up fighting it and are just sort of waiting for her to pass. I suggested why not try some homeopathic treatment. I said "It can't hurt". They looked at me like I had lobsters crawling out of my ears.
natural remedies kept my father alive after tradition medicine gave up. He lived 6 months longer then the doctor's thought he would after they stopped his cancer treatments :) I accredit every bit of that time to homeopathic meds

eleventy1!!

PF Regular
Oct 1, 2008
Minnesota
Yeah, Phil, I felt the same as you when my mom was terminal and there were a few unconventional things that she tried. No harm done and we all felt like every avenue was being exhausted, which at least minimizes some of the "what if" component. I'm sorry that your family is going through such a hard time right now. :(

umfpt

Oct 2, 2008
Minnesota
fallon said:
I guess that would be better for some...seems we've always gotten the flu when we get the shot. I personally haven't had the flu since I stopped getting the vax and neither has my daughter. It's great that it works for you though :)
I've only ever had the flu once in my life. I've had plenty of bad colds but they are nothing compared to how bad the flu is. That one experience was enough to make me want the vaccine for myself and my children.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
umfpt said:
I've only ever had the flu once in my life. I've had plenty of bad colds but they are nothing compared to how bad the flu is. That one experience was enough to make me want the vaccine for myself and my children.
which is exactly why I said it's great that that option is out there for you and your family. My daughter was born with a blood disorder and was unable to fight infections of any kind. For that reason her and I and everyone that spent any time with her received a flu shot every yr and every yr her and I ended up with the flu...not a bad cold, the flu and a nasty one at that. Every yr I sat in a hospital room beside my daughter having to stay on IVs because of the Flu which we was in fact vax'd against. Since her white blood cell count has returned to normal (3yrs now yay!!) we have not gotten the flu shot and have not gotten the flu one time. This is what works for us