Focal Seizures - Any Experience?...

NinJaBob

PF Addict
Sep 29, 2008
Ohio
My son has focal seizures from time to time and he is on medication to help control them but it doesn't seem to be working. He has had only 2 large seizures. They were scary. It's a blessing that they happened in front of me and not my wife. She falls apart when he has a small one. His neurologist swears that he will grow out of them by the time that he is an adolescent. Has this happened to you or your children? Any coping skills? How can I work on getting my wife to accept it and understand that for us it's a fact of life?

NinJaBob

PF Addict
Sep 29, 2008
Ohio
1dayatatime said:
I'm sorry you are dealing with that. Can you expain what a focal siezure is please?
It is a seizure that effects only one side of the body and usually only one part of the body. In my son's case his fist clenches up and his arm shakes for about a minute or two. Afterward he gets real sleepy. I am told that it is common among kids his age but I have never spoken with another parent who's child has it or has even heard of it. I am told that it's caused by and abnormality in the brain that corrects itself by the time he reaches age 12. He has had a EEG and an MRI and cat scan that showed nothing *barumpbump* Hope I got the medical terminology right.

Children with this disorder can have a full blown Grand Maul seizure which is the kind you are probably more familiar with. That's where their entire body tenses up and shakes and their eyes roll back in their heads. This is scary but manageable.

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
No I've never heard of that. I'll do a little reasearch on that though. As long as he will grow out of it patience will be a neccessity. Goosefraabaaa.
Off to research.....

budnkota

PF Fanatic
Mar 28, 2008
Indiana
hmmm... never heard of it. I've worked with clients with grand mal and petit mal seizures, but they were all adults, so I guess I wouldn't have had reason to be exposed to that variety. It's too bad he has to deal with it at all, but it's got to be a relief to know it won't last forever.... darn kids. Who knew having one would be such an adventure!?! :)

amcquinn

Sep 23, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Yes, I've treated these types of seizures successfully in children. The cause is really the same as in petit mal or grand mal seizures, just more localized. Energy, called orgone, comes up through the body from the earth in the form of pulsation (think of when you cut your finger or a headache ... it is not the heart that creates this pulse as the heart is answering to this pulse) and if not properly mediated by consciousness, you get a moment or two of vacancy and then this sort of short-circuited feeling usually displayed by some form of twitching or spasming in the individual. While it is true that the child may develop the ontic (ego) forces to mediate these energetic forces eventually, it can be a symptom of deeper unresolved pathology. By effectively treating for the child's shocks and traumas of a physical/emotional nature, including vaccines, using homeopathic medicines (safe, natural, bio-dynamically sourced) by an individual trained in sequential prescribing or Heilkunst medicine, you can get to the root cause of your child's ills quite quickly, expediently without causing him any harm. I hope this helps.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
amcquinn said:
Yes, I've treated these types of seizures successfully in children. The cause is really the same as in petit mal or grand mal seizures, just more localized. Energy, called orgone, comes up through the body from the earth in the form of pulsation (think of when you cut your finger or a headache ... it is not the heart that creates this pulse as the heart is answering to this pulse) and if not properly mediated by consciousness, you get a moment or two of vacancy and then this sort of short-circuited feeling usually displayed by some form of twitching or spasming in the individual. While it is true that the child may develop the ontic (ego) forces to mediate these energetic forces eventually, it can be a symptom of deeper unresolved pathology. By effectively treating for the child's shocks and traumas of a physical/emotional nature, including vaccines, using homeopathic medicines (safe, natural, bio-dynamically sourced) by an individual trained in sequential prescribing or Heilkunst medicine, you can get to the root cause of your child's ills quite quickly, expediently without causing him any harm. I hope this helps.
thank you