For the ladies...

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
Have any of y'all ever had a problem with ovarian cysts? I have a 3cm size on my left side and then 2 of them that are right around 2cm on my right side. These are extremely painful. I also have a lot of little ones on my cervix. Those don't bother me, or if they do, I just associate it with the ones on the ovaries. They also told me they're hemorrhagic. I've had 3 ultrasounds and they say that as of right now, they don't look cancerous.

Just curious if anyone had any information on it.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
How can they tell you that they do not look cancerous? They need to do a biopsy. I don't understand why they haven't. I would highly recommend you doing so. That is nothing to play around with. My FIL is a gynocolical oncologist and my husband is a radiation therapist and when I had a cyst they watched it closely. Mine self absorbed which most of them do but if your's is staying or growing they need to biopsy the things. You don't want them to matastisize and then it's too late.
Yes I've heard they can bring you to your knees if they rupture.

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
See, one day I had such severe pain, that Jack literally carried me (he's a big boy) into the bathroom to a warm bath because I had heard that warmth would help ease the pain a little bit. Well, it didn't, so I went to the ER. I can handle some pain, but that was terrible. They gave me Percedon 7.5s and told me to follow up with my doctor. When I went to see her, she said the ultrasound looked like they weren't cancerous. Plus she told me that I have severe muscle spasms in my pelvic floor. (I forget the long doctor-y technical name of it) So, she put me on Flexiril and told me I had to do physical therapy.

But my aunt just died in 06 of cancer...she had bone cancer, but about 15 years prior to that, she had had ovarian cancer. And she was really young, to, only 45. So, apparently it hits early, which worries me because I'm only 28. So, I go back to see her on the 23rd of March, and I think I'm definately going to ask them to do a biopsy. I'm nearly to the point I just want it all taken out, because I'm not going to have anymore children.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
You aunt probably had the ovarian cancer that wasn't fully irradicated and it matastisized to her bones. I think ovarian goes to bones...not sure.
Usually with that sort of cancer it would have to be immediate family like your mother or your sister.
I just wouldn't take "it doesn't look like cancer" for an answer. If you have insurance I would really ask for a biopsy.
Are you having another u/s? She may be watching it to see if there are changes. They would have to measure each of them again and compare them to see. Cancer cysts will grow in size fairly quickly.
Flexeril is just a muscle relaxer so it won't stop your pain all the way. Motrin might help with your inflamation along with the Flexeril for the spasms. I'm not a Dr but I wouldn't play with cysts especially the one on your cervix. Ovarian are pretty common. Cervical cancer is easily treatable. Did all your paps come back normal? You don't have to be personal here, you can pm.

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
I have a plate full of female issues, and ovarian cysts are on the list. My GYN monitored them every 2-3 mos. via US for a year. One in particular didn't go away and looked suspicious. I had a laparoscopy, and was diagnosed with endometriosis. While in there my GYN removed what she could and nothing was cancerous. She said endo tends to come back, and put me on the pill to regulate it. That worked for awhile.

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
Pap was normal. And perhaps it's breast cancer that spreads to bones, because she had it also. She got it about 10 years or so after the ovarian cancer. She only struggled with the bone cancer about 2 years before she passed.

As for another US, I'm sure she'll call and ask me to have it done the week before the appointment, but if I've not heard from her, I'm going to request another one, so we can see if it's getting better or worse.

Trina, they got me on the pill as well.

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
:rollseyes: I just realized that my appointment isn't on the 23rd. That's Easter Sunday. Grrr....it's on the 27th, now I gotta wait another 4 days.

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
Thanks Trina! :)

It's at 9, so I'm sitting here for another 20 minutes before I leave. I hate driving in Knoxville. It takes no less than half an hour to get anywhere. *sigh*

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
Trina said:
I'm getting anxious for next Friday. :(

Is that your appointment?

Well, I am still going to have to take the birth control and Motrin for the cysts. She said they all look normal still, and have actually subsided just a hair. I have to continue with the Flexiril and the physical therapy for my pelvic floor muscle spasms. (yay) And she put me on Prozac and made an appointment for me to start seeing a psychiatrist for depression.:(

PLUS, (thank god) I had my TSH levels drawn, and will get the results back on those tomorrow. I know their low, just not sure how low. So, as of probably tomorrow, I'll be back on my Synthroid.

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
My hysterectomy is scheduled for April 4th. It's time to evict my uterus!

Here's a blinkie I thought you would like. :)

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
Trina said:
My hysterectomy is scheduled for April 4th. It's time to evict my uterus!

Here's a blinkie I thought you would like. :)

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: Thanks, Trina! I love it! I saved it, I gotta show Jack that when he gets home!

And good luck on your hysterectomy! I hope everything goes alright for you! Let me know how it goes, I'll be thinkin of ya! :)