For those mechanically inclined...

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
Does anyone know how to install new bolts on a transmission mount for a 1996 Plymouth Voyager? Ours fell off. Yes, fell off. Driving down the frikkin street. Guy at the auto parts store said the actual mount is perfect. I just need it put back in, and that I possibly will have to take it to a mechanic to do that, as he might need to jack up the motor a bit to get to it.

Just wondering....can I do this at home for cheaper? Is it really that hard to get to?

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
I believe the parts guy was right, take it to a mechanic. Most likely the the motor will need to be raised a bit to install, a buddy of mine owns a Taxi company and has a live-in mechanic who is brilliant, I will ask him also and let you know...I will probably see him later tonight.

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
Thanks, musicdad! :)

I took it to the mechanic. Found an awesome mechanic. Every place was wanting to charge me $178, this guy charged me $95. He's a friend of a friend. Needless to say, he's definately got my business!

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
More than you know. My tranny mount was completely off. He rebolted that. Then, my motor mount was just barely hanging and was twisted up. He straightened it and rebolted it. Then, apparently, whoever owned the van before us put a new motor in....well, the retards left a bunch of stuff unbolted, unplugged, un-everything. He fixed everything he could see with his own eyes for no additional cost. I could have kissed the guy on the mouth, I was so happy.

And also extremely grateful and I feel extremely blessed. We've been from TN to IN about 5 times since we've had the van, a good 7 hour drive each way. Then to Paris, TN to exchange my kids a few times. Then to the mountains, to North Carolina, to Georgia. All those trips with no major repairs and thank god, no accidents.