Formula feeding when to stop??...

3timesmommie

Jan 18, 2008
Hamilton,Ontario
Hey everyone, I'm new here and I was wondering about when do you stop feeding formula to a toddler, I am a breastfeeding mom I did with my 4 yr old she would NOT take the bottle and I have a 20 month old son and I also have a 6 month old baby girl, who I am currently Breastfeeding, my son was7 months or so when I weened him because once I gave him a bottle and he loved it so I continued with that until around 13-14 months I'd give him warm milk and he drinks alot of juice, should I still be feeding him formula? I gave him a bottle tonight before bed and he went right to sleep DH says he's too old for formula? help?

Kim

PF Fiend
Apr 3, 2007
St. Louis, MO
Most bottle-fed babies get weaned at one year, since that is when they should be able to drink milk.

Also, I would limit the amount of juice you give him - juice may come from fruits, but it is still full of sugar.

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
hannah's mommy said:
Most bottle-fed babies get weaned at one year, since that is when they should be able to drink milk.

Also, I would limit the amount of juice you give him - juice may come from fruits, but it is still full of sugar.
Ditto!

BTW, I was born in Wingham, Ontario. Ever heard of it??

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
hannah's mommy said:

What she said. :)

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
I also agree with the other...I'm such a follower lol. I took my son off formula around 9mon and went to cow milk. Then after ear problems we're are trying rice and almond milk instead.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
At one yr they are eating table food where they get their nutrition and cow milk. You can mix the formula with regular milk until she gets used to it. LIke half form and half milk. It could take a month to switch her over.At one year my son was on a sippy cup and not a bottle and he loved that. The same with my girls.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
most people stop formula at 12 months, however they do make a toddler formula now. There is no harm in giving that to them

jenilouise

PF Addict
Oct 20, 2007
Oregon
I would say that since there is toddler formula maybe you can use that and slowly introduce more milk (like the half formula half milk thing).