Getting toddlers to go to sleep....

Vikki845

Sep 4, 2015
Every evening, at the end of a long day just at the time when we wanted to relax and have some peaceful time to ourselves, the kids decided they didn't want to go to sleep. :(

They were tired, obviously, but for whatever reason, they took ages just to shut their eyes and drift off to sleep. Meanwhile we are trudging back and forth to the bedroom trying to get them settled whenever we hear them call out under some new pretext of something they 'need'.

Until our nerves are stretched to the limit. Exhaustion, frustration, trying to be patient and failing. :eek:

Then we bought a storybook called The Kitten Who Wants to Fall Asleep.
Bingo.
Where has this been all our life.:)
We read the story to the kids and they fall asleep.
Problem solved. <3
The story contains phrases that psychologists use to relax people and make them sleepy.
Highly recommended. :D

hisherandtheirs

Mar 3, 2016
I will have to check out that book!

My younger goes right to bed. 8 PM boom shes in bed happy and mommy is happy.

My older goes to bed at 8 but doesn't go to sleep til 10-11. I am almost at my last nerve, waking up early to work and just wanting some peace at bed time.

Thanks for the idea!

katherinep

Jul 3, 2020
Just checked it out.. It has 5/5 rating on goodread.. Will definitely read to my daughter for bedtime story once she is of age.

busywittymom

Jun 17, 2020
India
This happens quite happen when the baby is just not ready to sleep, but a friend of mine recommended me to use a natural massage oil by the moms co., and it is such a great oil for your little one. Must try!

Clairhamlett91

Sep 17, 2020
During toddlerhood, the little ones are moved to a new sleeping space. Minnie Mouse toddler beds can make this transition easier. Upon seeing the beloved mouse and her iconic bowtie gracing the bed, your kid will be more than willing to leave the now outgrown crib.