Got in a car accident!...

button611

PF Enthusiast
Feb 14, 2008
I just had the scariest time of my life so far ever-Monday night I was driving home from work and my foot slipped off the brake and I rear ended a lady. The scary part is not that I was in an accident (well that is scary), it is that I had Bailey and 2 of my kitties in the car with me, and the thought of any of them getting hurt is the scariest part. Luckily everyone involved walked away, all that is but my dignity. It was my very first car accident ever and I was mortified, lucky for me, the woman I crashed into was very nice and there was no need to call the police.

I guess I never realized how suddenly life can change until I had a baby, then it is more than just you that you are responsible for and that alone is a big task to undertake. I just pray that I never have to go through this again.

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
Oh no! {{{HUGS}}} Glad to hear everyone is OK. Was there any body damage to your car? If so, Bailey's car seat will need to be replaced.

button611

PF Enthusiast
Feb 14, 2008
most of the damage was to my car, but only the front bumper and the hood of the car were damaged, I was only going 15 mph at the most, I have not had insurance out to look at it yet, but I think that the most damage was done to the bumper-but thanks for the advice about her car seat-it is in great shape and she is almost a yr. anyway so time to upgrade the car seat!

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
button611 said:
most of the damage was to my car, but only the front bumper and the hood of the car were damaged, I was only going 15 mph at the most, I have not had insurance out to look at it yet, but I think that the most damage was done to the bumper-but thanks for the advice about her car seat-it is in great shape and she is almost a yr. anyway so time to upgrade the car seat!
Yes, the next step would be a rear facing convertible car seat. Be sure to keep her rear facing until at least 12 mos. and 20 lbs., longer is even better. The AAP and safety experts now recommend babies stay rear facing until they outgrow the rear facing limits of their convertible car seat. Rear facing better protects the head, neck and spine during a crash. Whatever you get, be sure it has a 5 pt. harness and front harness adjuster. Avoid overhead shield car seats.

CPSafety - Your online child passenger safety resource

CPSafety - Your online child passenger safety resource