Grandparents Names...

mandrsmom

PF Regular
Jun 13, 2008
Texas
The Aunt/Ant issue has been ongoing in my household. I always thought Yankee's said Ant and Southerners said Aunt. In my case I was born in Minnesota and it is Ant. But in Texas and to my husband and his family it is Aunt. Luckily, my daughters say Ant, even though they were born in Texas (Hehe, that makes me laugh, makes me laugh, because the inlaws do not correct them).

About what to call the grandparents, I guess it is a Northern thing just to call them grandma K or grandma (Last name). Until I cam to Texas I didn't know there were other names, now I have heard them all.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
My kids call MIL and FIL Nana and Papa, my mom is called Grandma Sandy, and my grandma was called grammie by the great grandkids, but growing up she would always tell me to call her Anut Lona, cause she was to young to be called grandma, she was usually joking......I think!

I feel grandparents should decide what grandkids call them, all of my kids grandparents did, they are the ones who are going to be refered to by that name so shouldn't they feel comfotable with?

evamyster88

Jul 13, 2008
I don't think that its too bad. My Little one will have a Top(her grandfather) and a Ducky (her grandmother).