Greetings all!...

Merrifox

Aug 13, 2008
Hi all, I'm brand new to this forum. Like many, I'm sure, I found this site through a web search, because I have issues with my child I am not sure how to handle on my own. I've been reading a lot (have been lurking for a week now) and decided to go ahead and introduce myself. Then, when I get my thoughts together, I'll post the reasons I did the web search... :)

Okay, so I'm a divorced mother of 3 boys, -- 21, 18 (these two do not live at home any more) and 12. (13 in October) So it's just me and the 12yo living here, we've been on our own for a little more than a year now. I am truly loving this time, I feel free for the first time in my life.

I was a factory worker, but got laid off due to car imports and am now on the TRA progam. So I'll be going to school as soon as that can be arranged (government papers...hopefully it doesn't take as long to do the paperwork as to go to college!!) My son is in 8th grade -- so we'll both be doing school as our 'jobs'.

We're both animal lovers, and J has his own pet hamster. As family pets we have two parrots, a cat, and a dog. Taking walks together to exercise the dog is one of the things we enjoy doing, overall I'd say we're fairly close as we also enjoy gaming together, cooking meals together, shopping together, etc. I even watch the occasional Discovery Channel show with him! (I'm not a tv watcher...our tv is basically his. I don't turn it on, ever..my job is to turn the dang thing OFF...hehe)

This is NOT to say I take all his time -- he constantly has friends over to play, and they do computer stuff, or lego building, or bike riding around the neighborhood. (I live in a town of 1300 people...he's as safe as if I were there in his pocket. People know he's my child, and if he even THOUGHT about getting into trouble, one of my 3 policeman neighbors would be on my doorstep..hehe)

All in all, J is a relatively normal kid, who I think is having problems, and they may be related to the divorce. So I decided to be proactive, and maybe with help I can come up with a way to help him :)

Nice meeting you all :)

** /sigh On reading my preview...I talk too much :/