Guess who got a job offer today.......

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
Congratulations brother.

Not sure your are gonna like traveling all the time, dancing half naked swinging around pole's, and wearing those tight pants, or bow tie's.

Hope its a good one.

Buttaflly227

PF Regular
Jan 31, 2012
Congrats! Just remember this little quote though:

"Work to live, don't live to work."

Which means make sure you're life doesn't become your work and that you do what makes you happy, not everyone else. :)

Be well,
Be at Peace,
- Jessica

http://www.greatestkidsgames.com

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
bssage said:
Congratulations brother.

Not sure your are gonna like traveling all the time, dancing half naked swinging around pole's, and wearing those tight pants, or bow tie's.

Hope its a good one.
OMG LOL

IADad said:
only half naked? That's not what the ladies are paying for.....
Hey us ladies like half naked. Sorry guys but your, um, jewels are not that appealing.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Is it close to home? Do you like the place? More info please.

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
People would pay me to put my clothes back on. :)

So, more interesting news to this story... I actually got a 2nd job offer as well. I now have to decide between 2 jobs...I'm so freaking torn right now. Obviously, this is a great problem to have, but such a hard decision to make.

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
mom2many said:
Is it close to home? Do you like the place? More info please.
Well, Job #1 is about 20 minutes away. Very small company (MEP firm), where I would be the ONLY IT guy. It's great because I would get to build a tech infrastructure from the ground up. Good pay, decent benefits, really nice people.

Job #2 is an apartment management firm of about 400 people. Good pay, decent benefits, really nice people. Thing is, I believe this position would be better for setting up for the future. I would be able to play with really cool technologies, work with a team of people (thus learning new stuff), and be with a more stable company. It's about 45 minutes away...the pay is slightly higher, so with gas factored in, it's about the same pay as the other one.

I'm leaning toward job #2 at this point....suggestions welcome.

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
Go with you gut brother. Research the heck about both. Ask other employees what they thing of the company. And get a feel for the turnover.

Ultimately go with your gut.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Oh my gosh yay!!!! Good for you!! That was so fast!!! :D I am so happy for you.

The rest of you are inappropriate and bad. lol :p

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
That's great news!

My suggestion is to wait for other offers to come in. And then don't be afraid to tell them all that you have had other offers. My friend who got laid off got a lot of offers and he jumped at the first one before they all had time to get back to him. The offers tended to jump once they knew that he was sought after. When there was little difference in the offers to start, when it all shook down, it was a $10,000/year difference. And that's not chump change!

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Well, I thought it was pretty appropriate, and educational...we learned that women prefer strippers with clothes...who would have quessed.

I suppose next we'll find out the prefer to drink beer with the bottle caps on...

I think I'd opt for the bigger company job if you think you're going to get access to cooler toys, and keeping your skills up to date. If you think that's an issue but you lean toward job 1, then you could talk to them about your concern. I can see wanting to run your own show too.