Happy Canada Day!...

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
LOL, when I went to Costa Rica everyone there ate mayo on fries. They actually looked at <I>me</I> weird because I was putting ketchup :eek:

Yup, sarush you are right, here we dont' have chocolate on them either. Usually cinnamon and brown sugar. Though I like mine with lemon juice too :)

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
Never heard of Beaver tails in my neck of the woods. The closest thing we have is called fried dough. The best I've ever had is at a place I used to work summers during college (below).

NEW HAMPSHIRE
OCEAN BOULEVARD /// Hampton Beach
Walking the strip at Hampton Beach, you pass a stand selling fatty, sugary food to tourists every few yards. Keep on walking until you reach Blink's Fry Doe, which makes what could be the best fried dough on any beach in New England. Blink's long stretches of dough come plain, dusted with powdered sugar (the classic), or slathered with any combo of 21 toppings - from pizza sauce and mozzarella to peanut butter and whipped cream.

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
hwnorth said:
Trina ... deep fried dough ... exactly the same ... and AWSOME

Yes it is, but not very healthy. LOL! I was a poor college student when I worked at Blink's. Employees got free food. I practically lived off of fried dough (pizza sauce and cheese or PB&amp;J) all summer. :eek: Fortunately, I was just over 100 lbs. at the time, so there was no harm done, but I certainly couldn't eat like that now. Yikes!